Principal Systems Engineer (Columbus,Ohio)
We’re helping enable our customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of foundational and emerging technologies is one of the fastest growing IT Consulting companies in the US recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as one of the Most Promising Companies and one of Inc. Magazine's fastest growing companies. 2018 was an outstanding year for us during which we’ve opened new and expanded existing offices throughout the US. We are currently looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to work with our sales team in guiding and enabling our customers as they transform their IT services. The Principal Systems Engineer (PSE) at RTT is the technical leader for their assigned territory. The PSE is the technical quarterback, working with their sales counterparts to determine the sales strategies and execution plan for their joint territory. As the technical QB, the PSE owns the technical relationships within their customers and has responsibility for driving and directing all technical aspects of the sales strategy, plans, campaigns and extended teams. The PSE strives to become THE Trusted Advisor for their customers, helping them set future vision that supports their transformation journey while helping them to solve current needs leveraging foundational and emerging technology solutions. The PSE focuses on understanding and documenting their customer’s current state, their challenges, initiatives, and transformation goals and leverages this information to position the full RTT portfolio of Services and Solutions.
The successful PSE at RTT approaches this role with excitement and enthusiasm and a Create, Grow, and Accelerate mindset, constantly considering what they can be doing to create, grow, and accelerate business, but always with the best interest of our customers at the forefront in their minds.
Desired Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience architecting and selling Enterprise Storage, Data Center network, Enterprise server virtualization, and/or Enterprise Data Protection solutions.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong sales and white-boarding skills.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills with demonstrated technical leadership.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Foundational knowledge and experience with one or more of EMC (and/or all-flash) storage solutions, Cisco UCS and Nexus technologies, Converged/Hyper-converged solutions (any vendor), VMware products and solutions, and EMCData Protection Suite or Symantec Netbackup solutions.
- Strong understanding or familiarity of other Enterprise storage, other blade server platforms, other network product families, other virtualization hypervisors, or other data protection technologies is a plus.
- Ability to do performance analysis and tuning of a storage, virtual server, and/or datacenter network environment is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with public/private cloud technologies is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft virtualization platforms is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with converged and hyper-converged technologies like Cisco Hyperflex, VCE VBLOCK/VxBLOCK, EMC VxRack/VxRail, Nutanix and Symplivity is a plus.
- Experience with other data protection products such as Veeam, Avamar, Data Domain, Rubrik, and Cohesity is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with DevOps principles and practices is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with IT Security is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with Splunk and/or ServiceNow software and services is a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with Hadoop and big data analytics is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel as necessary.