Senior Systems Engineer--End User Compute (Microsoft)
RoundTower is a premier systems integrator that provides innovative solutions and services in the areas of data center infrastructure, converged platforms, mobility, cloud automation and orchestration, DevOps, and data analytics. RoundTower is helping enable its customers to drive positive business outcomes by becoming more agile and efficient through the use of technology. We are currently looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our End User Computing & Mobility practice. The Systems Engineer (EUC) is capable of supporting all phases of the End User Computing methodology from Assessments, Designs, Implementation, Transitional Support, and Optimization.
- Direct delivery ownership of assigned End User Computing engagements including design, implementation, and support.
- Create as-built documentation and provide knowledge transfer to customers upon completion of installation and configuration
- Drive the continuous improvements of our Practice Methodology and Service Offerings based on client experiences.
- Maintain up-to-date industry certifications specific to areas of practice and as required to maintain Vendor/VAR status.
- Manage multiple engagements simultaneously in conjunction with other Practice Engineers while ensuring proper collaboration and hand-off as needed.
- Evaluate and foster new partner products and solution capabilities within the Cloud & DevOps practice portfolio.
- Assist with delivery readiness and training for Cloud & DevOps offerings.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to design and perform Exchange implementations and migrations.
- Ability to design and perform O365 implementations and migrations.
- Ability to design and perform SCCM implementations and upgrades.
- Ability to design and perform AD implementations, upgrades, and redesigns.
- Ability to perform server patching across multiple OS platforms.
- Ability to handle complex problems effectively. Identify key issues and generate multiple solutions.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer or equivalent.
- Subject matter expert level and visceral knowledge of most or all of the following:
Windows desktop OS (7,8,10)
Office Pro Plus
Exchange (including backup and restore procedures)
Windows Server 2008/2012 including R2 version
Active Directory (Windows Server 2008/2012 including R2 version)
Azure Active Directory (Basic, P1, P2)
Patching and Vulnerability Management (including remediation of security vulnerabilities)
Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
10+ years working with the above technologies
5+ years delivery experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to analyze and interpret performance data in order to provide assessments and presentation solutions derived from empirical data and customer business requirements.
- Translate complex business requirements into business proposals.
- Develop overall solutions including high level designs, Statements of Work, and creating bills of materials.
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience