Rosita's is hiring a seasonal Prep Cook.
ROSITA’s Santa Fe kitchen
We celebrate the culture and cuisine of New Mexico and are proud to be the only restaurant in Utah with a focus on the revered Hatch Green Chile. Our family recipes highlight the famous smoky, sweet, and spicy flavor of this unique ingredient. Through our food and our story, we give visitors from near and far an opportunity to connect with the authentic cuisine of New Mexico.
We are seeking a Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes.
What we are seeking…
Somebody who has a culinary background and knowledge around New Mexican cuisine. A quick and diligent worker who is able to follow instructions and adhere to all health and safety rules in the kitchen. Somebody who can work in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
Nice to meet you, we’re Rosita’s
Rosita’s is where you come to embrace your ‘and’ game as we have an environment where talented individuals come together to use their talents, insights and experience “and” promote an exciting environment where customers are not just customers but become family.
As a member on our team you will…
Be responsible for the kitchen’s prep list and the overall upkeep & cleanliness of your area – by –
- Accurately and quickly prepare food for the day as directed by the Kitchen Manager
- Monitor ingredients and report inventory levels to the Chef and Kitchen Manager throughout shift
- Ensure that all areas are cleaned and organized
- Have a positive attitude with the ability to have fun in the kitchen
You will bring this experience and skillsets…
- Previous experience working as a Prep Cook in a high volume full service restaurant
- Good knife skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proven ability to handle challenges in a fast-paced, field-based environment with complex and multiple tasks & deadlines.
Your characteristics include…
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in an evolving, dynamic environment
- Good sense of humor and desire to pause and enjoy the big wins with teammates
- Demonstrated honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
- And last but not least, grit. Your demonstrated, sustained, and exuberant passion over the long-haul equals grit. We value and celebrate it.
We’re committed to inclusion and equal opportunity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job description listed above is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, disability, political ideology, or veteran status, or other protected class.