Instructional Content Specialist (Texas), Lexia Learning
We Are Lexia Learning
We are Lexia Learning, a Rosetta Stone company. We are passionate about empowering literacy educators and helping students become lifelong confident readers! As one of the best-known and most highly respected reading-technology companies in the world, we personalize learning, give back instructional time to teachers, and simplify the process of using data to make informed decisions through our K-12 products and services.
Be part of our growth as a part-time Instructional Content Specialist!
We are looking to bring on three new Instructional Content Specialists to our South Central team. The Specialist will conduct high-stakes presentations for district administrators and evaluation committees across the state of Texas. Partnering with other members of the Sales and Implementation teams, the Specialist will help in uncovering new business and accelerating sales by utilizing their experience in the K-12 space either as an educator or administrator.
This is a part-time short-term position with estimated work of approximately 20 hours per week.
Ideal candidates for this role will reside in one of the following areas: Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa, Amarillo, Brownsville, El Paso, Tyler, Longview, and surrounding areas
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop an expertise in Lexia’s portfolio of literacy programs and assessments
- Be conversant in state educational trends including standards realignments
- Deliver high-stakes, in-person pre-sales presentations to critical decision makers, statewide
- Conduct pre-sales presentations via remote webinar
- Facilitate small group and large group conversations with evaluation committees and decision makers
- Present a curated experience of Lexia’s solutions and state-specific materials
- Speak expertly on Lexia’s ability to exceed instructional expectations in a non-Common Core state
- Keep detailed notes and organized next-steps to ensure all customer expectations are met
- Other duties and responsibilities as identified
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 3 years minimum of elementary or secondary teaching and/or administrative experience, preferably with a background in literacy and language arts
- Strong understanding of K-12 educational sales behavior, especially in an adoption state (non-open territory)
- Experience with state instructional materials adoptions
- Strong presentational presence, ability to lead and speak publicly to large and small groups
- Professional and proficient usage of CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to use online presentation software (e.g., GoToMeeting, BlueJeans, etc.) to deliver webinar presentations
- Ability to travel up to 60%, including overnight, while maintaining high productivity level
At Rosetta Stone we speak, learn, and interact differently, we embrace and thrive on these differences! We deeply benefit from the diversity that each individual has to offer. We are dedicated to fostering a culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas and experiences. Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.