The Analytical Chemist is responsible to support in-house stability program. He/ she should be highly motivated, hands-on expert on analytical instruments including HPLC with 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Industrial experience in GMP/GLP or ISO laboratory, preferably with method development/validation experience is desirable.
- Experience with development and qualification of small molecule stability-indicating HPLC chromatographic methods.
- Experience and hands-on knowledge of Waters chromatographic systems (HPLC) and software (Empower).
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair analytical instruments.
- Experience in setting up stability and shelf life studies per ICH guidelines.
- Assists on interpretation and application of specified QA/GMP compliance regulations, i.e.: 21 CFR Part 210/211.
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining database.
- Ability to learn new analyze data using basic and advance statistical tools for data tracking and trending.
- Performs a wide variety of activities to ensure compliance with applicable quality objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Upload all relevant GMP reports to the quality system software (Veeva). Assists in deviation, change control, and other GMP document upload, review, and approval process with proper workflow in to the GMP system.
- Highly collaborative team player, with excellent organizational skills, ability to navigate and be successful in fast-paced and highly-matrixed work environment with changing priorities.
- The successful candidate will have college degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry or industrial experience in a laboratory setting. BS with 5 to 7 years of lab experience is highly preferred.
- Must demonstrate a strong experience in basic chemistry instrument operation and maintenance Familiarity with FDA, ICH, USP, EP lab quality regulations and procedures
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel
- Experience using JMP or Minitab a plus
- Knowledge of GMP Quality system (e.g Veeva)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, suppliers, customers and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Other Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable with and enthusiastic about working in a fast pace environment.
- A fast-mover who is flexible, able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Highly self-motivated who can perform with minimal supervision.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.