The Customer Care Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and creation of the learning materials to be used to support R+F’s global Customer Care Teams, both internally and with our third party vendor partners. The Customer Care Instructional Designer will assist in the identification of learning and skill gaps, and project manage the development and testing of new learning content, programs, and methodologies they have implemented. The ideal candidate must be driven to reach our goal of empowering and enabling the Customer Care Team, our front line with our Consultants and Customers.
Please note: This is a non-exempt position.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content in various modalities (ILT, self-paced, video, etc.) for a global Customer Care audience.
- Creatively elevate our current level of virtual learning programs to a higher level of interaction, using tools such as simulations, certifications, badges and a sleek look and feel within brand guidelines.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail while prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Distill the expertise of subject matter experts in diverse processes across the organization into concise and insightful training materials.
- Facilitate training events using effective communication, presentation, questioning, and audience management skills.
- Collaborate on the New Hire Onboarding process for the Customer Care organization, including identification of enhancements, goal setting and assessing delivery practices.
- Administer evaluations and analyze KPIs to identify and address process and content improvements for audiences both internally at R+F and for external vendor partners.
- Work with cross functional partners to identify new training needs based on knowledge gaps within the Customer Care organization, or new releases or process changes.
- Provide management and cross functional partners with results and feedback on training, including assessments and areas for improvements for both the training and change itself.
- Reimagine how we approach learning technologies and virtual learning for a group that is used to doing business face-to-face.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analytical Thinking — Analyzing and interpreting training materials to identify knowledge gaps and generate creative new ways to deliver training.
- Problem Solving — Generate effective solutions to problems, considering unique aspects of situations, negotiating compromises, suggesting alternative solutions, and balancing business needs with individual needs.
- Communication—Convey written information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents. Convey information orally, in such a way that the recipient(s) comprehend(s) the message. Ability to capture and hold the attention of individuals throughout training events.
- Organization – Provide training in an organized flow, understanding timeline of content may change dependent on the training class. Ensures all content is provided prior to ending training events.
- Leadership – Lead by example. Exhibit the qualities trainees and the Customer Care Team are expected to embody.
Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or 5+years related experience.
- 3-5 years experience in training or instructional design preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Articulate Storyline or other e-learning software
- Social Commerce and/or experience with a Prestige Brand preferred.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; professional, courteous, friendly, and empathetic.
- Ability to positively adjust to a rapidly changing environment.