Enterprise Data Architect
We are looking for an Enterprise Architect who has a background primarily in Data technologies. It’s a rare opportunity to be on the ground floor of a growing company which desires maturity balanced with the ability to be agile and pivot quickly when business requires. Here at R+F we believe Enterprise Architecture is not a static organizational construct or operates as an Ivory Tower. Instead EA is an agile construct that aligns itself to the maturity of the organization, and which shapes our priorities. Our EA is actively engaged with our business and transitioning to an operating model that isn’t governance focused but instead works collaboratively to shape our technology ecosystem and trajectory and align programs to the target state.
Our ideal candidate has worked up through the ranks, typically as a programmer/DB admin/SysOps – solution/data architect. Ideally a background in Data Architecture and experience with Cloud technologies. Our Data Stack is built around GCP and we use primarily google tools in our data integration and BQ for our data lake. We need solid technology acumen combined with the ability to design, formulate and effectively articulate our technology strategy and vision. Good social and communication skills are essential, no wallflowers needed. However, you do need to have tactfulness and ability to influence collaboratively without creating unnecessary friction. It’s a challenging role, but you’ll have the authority and organizational backing to help us mature our practice and our technology ecosystem.
Key job Functions:
- Collaboratively and engaging with our Data Products group to formulate strategies, integrations and support our emerging data vision through: architecture solutions, complex design patterns, technical strategy, and roadmaps
- Develops company architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of system requests while ensuring the planning aligns with the strategic needs of the company
- Collaborate and work with Solution Architects to develop complex solutions that support our business model
- Create and present technical information in order to influence and gain the understanding of business as well as technical roles across the organization
- Lead Solution Architects to provide effective consulting on complex projects including fit for purpose and technical evaluations
- Update and maintenance of the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables.
- Architectural leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project issues.
What will you need?
- A Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years experience preferably working across multiple IT disciplines with a background in database management and/or design and some experience as a solution/data architect.
- Ideally, and a big plus is a conceptual or fundamental understanding of:
- Data and Analytics
- General security principles
- Networking technologies/Infrastructure/Cloud
- ITAM, ITIL, Lean
- Architecture Patterns and Design