Sr. Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
This role will lead the administration of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, commencing with Email Studio, Automation Builder, Journey Builder, integrations and will potentially grow to include other modules such as Social Studio, and other functionality over time.
The role reports into the Technology Development and Operations and will work very closely with business partners from Marketing Operations and potentially other internal groups that require external customer communications.
- Serve as the technical lead for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Lead user administration, role creation, and permissions within the platform
- Manage components of the data integration pipeline, including SFTP configuration, Data Studio, and internal ETL pipelines
- Triage bugs, serve as the release manager for MC major updates, and handle remediation of all security issues
- Lead and govern audience segments to ensure data quality over time; set up, manage, and monitor email subscriber data extensions
- Act as marketing and customer data authority
- Own and lead all MC integrations, ensuring business requirements are met, data is properly imported
- Develop reporting strategy using a combination of built-in reporting and external data warehouse / BI solutions
- Provide mentorship on Salesforce platform management and optimizations
- Work directly with Salesforce as needed to ensure platform stability
- Provide consultative mentorship on optimization including A/B and multivariate testing Requirements
- Five years or more as a administrator of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) platform required
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud data structure and functionality
- Authority in the SQL query language and deep knowledge of SFMC Data Studio
- Web development skills (HTML/CSS) are required
- Experience with internationalization / translation services a plus
- Experience in high-volume send environments, including familiarity with IP warming, sender reputation, and nuances of how various ISPs handle marketing communication emails.
- Demonstrable experience building user journeys
- Knowledge of email marketing standard methodologies and CAN-SPAM / GDPR regulation
- AMPscript proficiency is good to have
- Salesforce certifications (Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist, SFMC Administrator, SFMC Consultant, SFMC Developer) huge plus.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.