Manager, Global Programs
The Manager, Global Programs is responsible for maximizing business value and ROI on field-facing programs and initiatives. From inception to deployment, enhancement and maintenance, the Manager, Global Programs will partner with the Programs Team in the development and operational components of field leadership development programs. This position will work with cross-functional teams to define program specifics and detailed implementation plans.
The right candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, drive for results, analytical skills, creativity and an ability to work with cross functional business partners.
- Manage existing programs that motivate our Independent Consultants. This includes analyzing performance data to make recommendations for program adjustments and enhancements. Programs must demonstrate strong ROI, have compelling strategic value and be simple and scalable.
- Maintain existing programs by performing monthly analysis on achievers and retention rates. Ensure the reward offerings are kept fresh and relevant. Partner with Recognition team on Celebration Assets.
- Create and execute new Programs focused on giving Consultants the tools they need to continue to build their business.
- Own all aspects of a Program launch in order to launch a program with excellence. This includes: Identifying Program need, Developing business case, Creating Terms and Conditions and FAQs, Developing messaging cadence and Working with creative on Program launch assets.
- Develop internal relationships vital to the successful delivery of Programs. Important cross functional partnerships include, but are not limited to: Creative, Analytics, Legal, Compliance, Customer Care, Field Development, Field Marketing & Communications, Events, Recognition, Learning & Development, Finance and IT.
- Partner with our Regional Field Team to share regional data and trends.
- Work with International Business Partners to ensure Programs are built with a global mindset.
- Maintain and build relationships with third party partnerships.
- Participate in and make recommendations during regular Program Exceptions Processes.
- Work with Convention Team to ensure the program comes to life at Convention.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in program or business development
- 1-3 years management experience
- Direct sales experience strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills to influence others and meet deadlines while building strong relationships both internally and externally
- Experience managing strategic initiatives within business units or functions
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work and deliverables
- Demonstrated experience creating business programs that lead to positive financial outcomes
- Strong ability to lead a team
- Strong analytical skills with proven success reporting on sales and statistics; breakeven points; achievement or failure to reach profitability, etc. Ability to identify trends with data and make recommendations for changes
- Flexibility, creativity, an entrepreneurial mindset and well developed strategic thinking skill
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills and ability to create and maintain detailed documentation
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision. Is a highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate, multi-task and excel in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.