Manager, HR Systems
If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. Rodan + Fields® is a direct selling skincare company founded in 2000 by Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields, world-renowned dermatologists, and creators of Proactiv® Solution with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada and Australia. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, with an office location in San Ramon, and a state-of-the-art research and development lab in Berkeley, CA. R+F now employs 400 people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers. At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! You’ll become part of a positive, passionate, and purpose-driven company that is committed to putting people first and protecting our planet. Our 2025 Do Good commitment outlines the actions we are taking to invest in our global communities, support our people and preserve our planet. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow, and thrive!
Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefit plans, tuition reimbursement, a flexible workplace, and perks.
The Manager, HR Systems will partner closely with HR to design and analyze process workflows, system configuration and integration, data conversion, build proof of concept, resolve system issues, and lead end-user training. The Manager, HR Systems will work closely with the HRIS team to execute the HRIS strategy and project roadmap, including implementing and integrating new HR systems, deploy ongoing systems enhancements and optimizations, bug fixes and updates. The Manager, HR Systems must have astrong service orientation, sound project management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects/initiatives concurrently. Also required are, strong interpersonal relationship skills for working successfully with other groups across the organization. You will collaborate with members of our HR Services team, HR Business Partners, HR L&D, HR Talent Acquisition and IT team, and other stakeholders to deliver a robust HRIS platform that will help our company and team scale and become more efficient and effective.. You should have extensive experience with Workday, and familiarity with other HRIS systems including ATS (specifically Jobvite).
- Plans and directs the organization’s ongoing HR systems administration to support short and long-range HR goals in a dynamic environment. Evaluates, analyzes, designs, and maintains HR systems, including Workday, ATS, and LMS.
- Manages highly technical, specialized, and complex projects. Oversees the implementation of system upgrades and enhancements, as well as the design of system test plans and test scenarios. Reviews systems testing to ensure the integrity of very sensitive data.
- Partners with stakeholders and subject matter experts from other R+F departments and operational teams to address and provide solutions to business needs.
- Acts as a trusted advisor; partners with HR leaders to understand their operational issues and opportunities (business processes) and create automated solutions to scale business operations and ensure compliance.
- Acts as the primary resource in HR to manage all HR systems on a worldwide basis (e.g., Workday, ATS, LMS, etc.).
- Provides leadership and ensures process effectiveness for prioritizing system enhancements, new functionality, etc.
- Partners with colleagues in HR, IT, and other global teams and cross-functional stakeholders to define business requirements and translate business needs into multi-year and tactical system implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling, and resource planning.
- Manages global HR data with a focus on data quality and driving improvements to provide efficient, effective, and compliant HR systems. Own data quality and ongoing data improvements to deliver accurate and reliable workforce data with corresponding workforce reporting and analytics. Utilizes the EIB Mass upload tool in Workday, as necessary.
- Manages data integrity in systems by developing audit processes to analyze and identify data issues.
- Manages all current and future system functionality, upgrades, and system integrations in partnership with HRIS, IT and other Business Partners inclusive of the change management required around any changes.
- Provides training, queries, and canned reports to Business partners as needed.
- Ensures the delivery of projects on time and on budget.
- Ensures management is fully informed of risks, issues, challenges and provides solutions.
- Reviews User Guides and develops training plans and standard operating procedures for system users.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in HR Systems including hands-on Workday configuration experience, with at least 4 years’ experience in a lead role managing complex projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required,
- Ability to be agile and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience in Workday HCM, security, reports, configurations, and integrations. Workday HCM Certification strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of California labor laws and data protection regulations including GDPR.
- Familiarity with payroll systems and ATS. Experience with ADP Payroll and Jobvite ATS strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups.
- Strong service orientation
- Ability to move through ambiguity, taking action in order to make progress and learn, and making improvements based on new information.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion.
- Experience working with HR functional HR and business operations teams in the development and implementation of technical solutions that enhance efficiencies and performance in Workday.
- Expert knowledge of configuring Workday processes, configuring HR systems and processes, security, compensation and performance management and data load procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, specifically VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and advanced formulas.
- Experience with auditing/validating large data sets from disparate systems.
Diversity at Rodan + Fields:
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion, and equality for all. We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life-changing experience!
Protecting the health and safety of the R+F community is always our top priority. We are closely following state, CDC, and OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) guidelines. Currently, our offices are open. We welcome employees to work from R+F offices as needed, to encourage collaboration and cross-functional partnership.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.