Senior Science Writer/Editor - Model Knowledge
Senior Science Writer / Editor
We are looking for a Senior Science Writer / Editor to help us deliver technical documentation and other types of digital content for a wide range of RMS scientific models and data. You will be responsible for coordinating, finalizing, standardizing, formatting, publishing and curating customer facing content, including scientific white papers, regulatory submissions, and executive briefs. You will develop, use and apply writing and editing standards and style, by creating and maintaining templates and content guidance across documentation, and work collaboratively to publish this content online according to project deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you will be a meticulous and thorough content editor with a close eye for detail and a deep understanding of scientific communication in a business context.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated ability to edit and curate accurate scientific content for a technical but non-specialist audience. You will be hands-on, thorough, detail-oriented, meticulous, flexible, and comfortable working with highly-technical, cross-functional, multinational teams in a fast-paced environment. You will show bias for action with a proven record of delivering high-quality outcomes of value to customers. If you’re ready to make a difference to RMS and its customers, we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
· Copy edit, proofread, publish and curate scientific content that describes a wide range of our modeling and data applications
· Work with regulatory experts in RMS to develop ownership of U.S. regulatory documentation for our scientific models and data, and of the procedures for updating and delivering submissions to U.S. regulators
· Co-ordinate between and communicate with U.S. regulators, regulatory experts in RMS, and scientific RMS authors and regulatory signatories to ensure editing and delivery of electronic and paper copies to the appropriate standard required for regulatory submissions
· Work with authors and marketing teams to develop and maintain/update processes, guides, tools and templates that ensure standardization and adherence to style guidance for formatting, writing, and other aspects of our written digital content
· Collaborate with model developers, product managers, and key stakeholders across a wide range of scientific and other disciplines to clarify and apply standards across our written content
· Ensure clarity, consistency, and quality across all content deliverables and formats
· Incorporate analytics and feedback into models and data content; interpret the collected feedback to optimize the product learning experience
· Work with remote and local teams to meet critical project milestones and deadlines
· Bachelor's degree in a suitable field including Science, Geoscience, Environmental Science, Atmospheric Science, Risk Science, Geography, Engineering, English, Technical Communication, Journalism, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience
· 5+ years’ experience editing and curating high-quality scientific digital content e.g., for a reputable scientific journal or private scientific organization
· Ability to write to a highly technical and specialized audience using scientific and industry concepts and terms fluently and accurately
· Essential experience and demonstrated subject matter expertise in using suitable authoring environments to author, edit, format, convert, publish and curate professional, publication-quality scientific content e.g. Madcap Flare, Microsoft Word, Google Docs, Adobe Applications
· Ability and desire to learn new skills and work to tight deadlines under pressure
· Experience in communicating scientific concepts to a broad but well-informed business audience
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting companies you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, our cutting edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS
RMS has 1,100 employees in 11 countries, including offices in Newark (CA-USA), Noida (India), London (UK), Hoboken (NJ-USA), and Zurich (Switzerland).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com Or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
By applying to RMS in Europe you are giving consent to having your profile held by RMS for a period of up to 18 months for consideration for current & future opportunities. Naturally, if you wish to have your profile removed during this period, we will abide by your wishes.