Software Analyst, Software Support (Knowledge Centre) (US, Europe & Asia)
This role is based in London (UK), and will report to the Head of Global Software Support. The Software Support team is part of a larger Global Cloud Operations and IT Services group. Our Knowledge Centre (KC) offers Follow the Sun support to our clients with roles based in Europe, Asia Pacific and the Americas. We are a fun and dedicated group who like to work smart, so we can enjoy a good work-life balance. We come from all different backgrounds (education, geography, previous work experience, etc.) and use this to our advantage. If you enjoy a challenge and are looking to constantly develop yourself in an exciting and dynamic business, then this role is for you.
The objective of this role is to have broad knowledge across all RMS products and solutions and to be responsible for first line support for RMS Clients. This role requires:
- Someone with personal expertise, professionalism and who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and problem solving to develop solutions to interesting and challenging client support inquiries
- Someone who enjoys collaborating and sharing ideas with colleagues as part of a highly cross-functional and dynamic team that makes everyone stronger in an environment that enables continued personal growth.
- Someone who wants to apply their technical background to support diverse client environments and configurations while troubleshooting technical issues and supporting launches of new products and features.
- Someone who wants to interact daily & directly with clients in order to cultivate relationships and ensure we address all our client’s needs by fully understanding the nature of their enquiry and providing high value and comprehensive solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Provide onsite and remote software support – individual will manage and bring to resolution customer inquiries/issues to meet RMS customer satisfaction standards. Individual will participate in the development of relevant documents for a support knowledgebase
- Monitor the progress of client enquiries to ensure and confirm final resolution internally and externally, including ensuring the final resolution fully meets RMS standards
- Escalate cases as necessary if not able to resolve within set timelines and process
- Manage client expectations throughout resolution process
- Perform advanced analysis/diagnosis of client systems and data and understand output analytics, implications, causation factors, interdependencies, etc. to drive the right set of actions for RMS and our clients
- Support product release management activities – individual will participate in technical and end-user training, review documentation, perform installation, product distribution and system administration testing
- Participate in client meetings by developing meeting materials (agendas, interview questions, scribing meeting notes
- In collaboration with Client Success build knowledge of our Clients and their business environment (i.e. objectives, challenges, work processes, economic environment, etc.) to proactively support/resolve client questions
- Responsible for building a full understanding of underlying specifications which allow the ability to run the software and resolve issues related to all aspects of our product suite
- Develop broad knowledge of the entire RMS product suite (new and existing); develop deeper knowledge of the selected specialization areas (i.e. applications and technology)
- Transfer knowledge, mentor and train other KC resources as needed
- Responsible for disseminating new knowledge or feedback of product and/or service related issues to other RMS staff or clients as necessary
- Must be educated to at least degree level in a relevant subject e.g. computer/IT or engineering related
- The individual must be experienced in systems administration, problem solving, analysing data, performing evaluations, developing recommendations, and possess strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Proven competence in issue resolution and management
- The individual must have proven experience in supporting business applications
- Must be self-directed with the ability to perform in cross-functional, multi-organisational and virtual teams
- The individual must possess a strong competence and experience with the following foundation technologies that RMS products are built on:
- Microsoft Windows and Server products
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong skills in relational database management systems/troubleshooting
- Experience working with clients in the Insurance or Reinsurance markets (including Brokers) is advantageous, as is experience in implementing or supporting business software applications into these markets
- Competence in systems analysis, client management, systems deployment, and system integration
- Experience with cloud computing technologies and support experience
- Awareness of networking protocols, their limits and requirements, including client/server and n-tier architectures
- Awareness and application of disaster recovery and security principles for networking and data storage
- Strong competence on Windows Server system administration/troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing and hosted data solutions
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.