Department: Data Analytics and Solutions, Model Development
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Data Analytics and Solutions team in the Model Development group. The team primarily focuses on modeling and developing products related to insured property exposures and loss curves, data and data analytics related applications and solutions. Such products are an important part of RMS product line and provide a wealth of valuable information for our clients. The candidate will be working in a multidisciplinary environment with other catastrophe data and risk modelers across different time zones (California, London and India) and would be engaged in the development, design and implementation of a wide range of data products used in catastrophe risk modeling, exposure modeling, valuation modeling and Property & Casualty data quality assessment and enhancement. The candidate will be expected to gain and further utilize an in-depth knowledge of the products and relevant technologies. Skills in numerical / statistical analysis, computing, databases etc. would add value.
The incumbent of this role will be primarily responsible for:
- Researching and mining socio-economic and engineering information related to insured properties mainly in different countries.
- Interpreting results using statistical technique
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Identify new data sources
- Evaluating, and implementing methodologies and solutions for property valuation.
- Executing model testing and implementation.
- Executing analytics of Exposure Data provided by our clients, and benchmarking RMS data products against such data.
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Tech. / Post graduate in field including: Geo Informatics, Civil Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, and Statistics and 3+ years of experience
- Strong analytical skillswith the ability to collect, organize, analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy to improve data coverage and quality.
- Knowledge of and experience in statistical tools like ‘R’, Python, Power BI or any BI tools
- Strong MS SQL experience, ability to write custom queries of medium to high complexity
- Proficient in MS Excel (advanced knowledge such as using pivots, external data)
- Strong documentation skills with experience of working on MS Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in one or more of the following would be useful - data mining, statistical models, catastrophe modeling domain
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Building models to address business problems
- Knowledge of one or more GIS toolkits, including experience with ARCGIS, Quantum GIS, MapInfo or similar
- Understanding of concepts of Geocoding and geo referencing.
- Knowledge or experience in Property Insurance or Reinsurance sector and Risk Assessment Analysis is desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to commercial or residential building construction practices
- Detail oriented, self-driven quick learner with strong analytical, database and data manipulation skills.
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills