Technical Program Manager
RMS is seeking a dynamic and seasoned Technical Product Program Manager who will play a critical role in driving the success of our high growth software business. Primary responsibilities include the release management of our SaaS platform and applications as well as program management of mission-critical product processes (e.g. launch plans, program/quality reviews, budget/operational reviews, etc.). This role will own the continuous improvement and standards definition of common processes that will be implemented to ensure a well running and highly successful Software Business Unit.
- Successfully led the release management of an Enterprise-class SaaS offering.
- Proven ability to define, gain alignment and drive success in running transformational programs and initiatives.
- Deep understanding of Product Engineering, Management, and Marketing processes within SaaS software companies.
- Experience working with agile software development teams, cloud ops and client support teams is critical.
- Bachelors of Science Degree with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on technical work experience.
- Ability to drive work independently, identifying solutions, moving them to implementation, and developing long-range strategies.
- Develops, maintains, and strengthens partnerships with others inside and outside the project team who provide decision making, information, or support.
- Achieves positive outcomes by identifying common interests, clarifying differences, and achieving consensus or compromise.
- Communicates a clear, vivid, inspiring and relevant description or picture of project benefits/value to the customer.
- Strong business acumen and familiarity with a broad range of business processes beyond those impacted project.
- PMI, PMP or similar certification/training.
- Process and methodology development and training experience
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
Visit RMS.com to learn more and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
California Consumer Privacy Act notice: https://www.rms.com/legal#Privacy-Policy-ccpa
US Applicants: RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify