Senior Software Quality Engineer - Product
Senior Software Quality Engineer, Product
Software • Newark, CA
RMS is seeking talented and highly motivated Senior Software Quality Engineer for our next-generation risk analysis platform.
We are an agile development shop. Join one of a dozen scrum teams working in areas like data services, analytics, data transformation, language parsing, and geographic information systems. Collaborate with software engineers, quality engineers, scrum masters, product owners, and our architecture team, to develop multi-tier, multi-layered application layer frameworks, and functional components.
- Develop, review and execute test cases
- Guide engineers in developing tests
- Represent a different perspective on customer uses and use cases
- Diagnose, track and manage quality issues to resolution
- Be a product expert who understands how the features should work in all situations and the impact on the rest of the system. Use this insight to identify when the product is working incorrectly and assist the team with prioritizing issues that need to be fixed.
- Participate in product and feature design with developers, usability specialists, user interface designers, and product managers
- Scrub tickets by reproducing problems, identifying regressions, clarifying impact and filtering out duplication
- Develop integration tests, performance tests, and scale tests for RMS(one)
- Integrate legacy code into the latest products and platform.
- Participate in and contribute to code reviews
- Test environments when new builds are pushed
- Be a self-starter with the ability to deliver on time with quality and also handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- 6+ years in testing and quality engineering
- Proven experience with development and maintenance of regression and performance tests in large scale multi-tenant web applications
- 5+ years of automated testing experience in a web based environment
- Comfortability with both manual and automated testing
- Experience in testing integration with legacy systems
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Version Control, Code Collaboration, and Continuous Integration Systems
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, Scala and Node.js
- Experience in Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with SQL Server, PostgreSQL and HDFS
- Experience working with relational databases structured query languages, and SQL tools
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or relevant experience
- Experience with AWS a big plus
About RMS:There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting companies you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, our cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS.
RMS has 1,200 employees in 11 countries, including offices in Newark (CA-USA), Noida (India), London (UK), Hoboken (NJ-USA), and Zurich (Switzerland).To find out more, visit www.rms.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.