The Client Director will be an entrepreneurial, energetic sales professional with an innate desire to achieve results. In addition to a strong sales capability and natural prowess for both hunting and farming this person will have developed the critical business acumen to be a strong solution seller. The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of growing accounts and prospecting new business in a SaaS, analytics, Financial Services/Insurance, or consulting environment. S(he) will have a proven track record of success in selling software and solutions and building a book of business. The successful candidate will be skilled at building trust-based relationships with key influencers and users within client organizations.
The Client Director will either have experience in selling primarily to insurance organizations or the adaptability to quickly learn the market. The ability to assess and process a business problem and apply how RMS’s capabilities can improve the situation will be critical. S(he) will have experience identifying adjacent needs within a client engagement and working with technical resources to craft technical and analytic solutions to business problems. The Client Director will have strong verbal and written communication skills and significant experience in presenting complex concepts and proposals at all levels.
The RMS Client Development team is transforming to drive a new way of doing business. The organization is poised to launch new products that will change the way that we serve our customers. The ideal candidate for this role will excel in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment. S(he) will be skilled at managing themselves and others through times of change and meet each day with a fresh sense of curiosity and a desire to win personally and as a team.
As an RMS Client Director, you will have the opportunity to be entrepreneurial and map market drivers to customer need to create a compelling buying vision. This strategic consultative role will involve driving sales of new products to current clients, as well as selling to new clients in the insurance market and managing your immediate client’s contract renewals with RMS. The Client Director will consult at the C-Level to solution sell complex packages which bring value to our clients. As a key member of the Client Development team the Client Director will work closely with key stakeholders including the Managing Director and Customer Success professionals to expand strategic client relationships and support clients. S(he) will build strong relationships within the Client leadership team and with other key decision makers. The main objective of this role is to help develop and execute the strategic account plan while ensuring a high quality of service and effective communications between the client and internal RMS business units. The Client Director will be responsible for growing and maintaining an average book of business including new and add-on business and be passionate about helping drive the overall success of RMS.
The Client Director will be responsible for building an extensive network and trust-based relationships with key influencers and users within their assigned client organizations. S(he) will identify and develop opportunities to increase RMS’s impact in the client organization and work productively with technical resources throughout RMS to engage with client influencers and decision-makers so that the client is exposed to the best of RMS. The Client Director will be responsible for shaping effective proposals and communications to clients that effectively convey RMS services. This is a build not a run role. The Client Director will have significant runway to exceed expectations and goals by proactively building their business and contributing to a winning team.
- Accountable for impact and revenue growth from client portfolio.
- Develop and nurture relationships with client decision makers and key influencers.
- Understanding all RMS data, modeling, software, and service solutions to drive holistic client engagement.
- Developing detailed client-centric plans to help clients achieve their strategic imperatives.
- Working closely with the RMS services practices to introduce customers to new solutions or develop custom solutions for specific needs.
- Owning the internal reporting for assigned clients, including maintaining an accurate account of opportunities in Salesforce.
- Working closely with the Client Success team to provide end-to end customer service and meet on-going client needs.
- Engaging internal stakeholders such as product & technical experts to support clients in achieving their strategic imperatives.
- Proven YOY sales increases selling high value complex software, SaaS, analytics or related technology into financial services (or a deep understanding of RMS's business and products if not a sales person previously).
- Proven success in building complex solutions sales, with either a computer software, risk or analytical product, leading and closing individual deals.
- Must have proven experience of closing deals larger than $500k and a track record of producing consistent annual sales of greater than $2M.
- Proven ability to forecast and close business to plan on a quarterly cycle.
- Ability to defend price by demonstrating value; must have strong ability to understand, negotiate and sell value.
- Commercial success in exploring and evaluating key client issues from a broad perspective.
- Experience of communicating with gravitas at C-Level and articulating value propositions.
- Confidence in networking in large groups.
- Customer relationship management and leadership, ability to develop relationship with senior influencers.
- A quantitative or scientific degree / Masters / MBA is preferred but not essential for candidates with proven familiarity & comfort with advanced analytical, mathematical and statistical concepts.
- Experience selling into the insurance or reinsurance markets, though this is not essential.
- Core / formal Professional sales / negotiation skills and practices preferred.