There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
The RMS Client Development team is transforming to drive a new way of doing business. The organization is poised to launch new products that will change the way that we serve our customers. We require an energetic, high performing sales professional to fulfill our Client Executive role. The ideal candidate for this role will be entrepreneurial and excel in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment. S(he) will be skilled at managing themselves and others through times of change and meet each day with a fresh sense of curiosity and a desire to win personally and as a team.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of growing accounts and prospecting new business in a SaaS, analytics, Financial Services/Insurance, or consulting environment. S(he) will have a proven track record of success in selling software and solutions and building a book of business. The successful candidate will be skilled at building trust-based relationships with key influencers and users within client organizations. The Client Executive will possess the adaptability to quickly learn the market and the client base. S(he) will have experience identifying adjacent needs within a client engagement and working with technical resources to craft technical and analytic solutions to business problems. The Client Executive will be responsible for growing and maintaining an average book of business including new and add-on business and be passionate about helping drive the overall success of RMS.
The Client Executive will work closely with Managing Directors, Client Directors and the Client Success team to expand strategic client relationships and support clients. The main objective of this role is to help develop and execute the strategic account plan while ensuring a high quality of service and effective communications between the client and internal RMS business units.
The Client Executive will develop an extensive network and trust-based relationships with key influencers and users within the client organizations in their portfolios. S(he) will identify and develop opportunities to increase RMS’ impact and value-added services for their clients. The Client Executive will partner with technical resources throughout RMS to engage client influencers and decision-makers in RMS’ innovative solutions. S(he) will shape effective proposals and communications to clients that effectively convey RMS’ value. The Client Executive will be a key contributor on the account team and communicate effectively in key meetings with clients. The Client Executive will be responsible for growing and maintaining an average book of business including new and add-on business and be passionate about helping drive the overall success of RMS.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in insurance, financial services, software service, analytics or related fields.
- Proven YOY revenue increases selling high value complex software, SaaS, analytics or related technology into financial services (candidates with a deep understanding of RMS's business and products if not a sales person previously may also be considered).
- Proven success in building complex solutions sales, with either a computer software, risk or analytical product, leading and closing individual deals.
- Ability to communicate, build trust, and demonstrate value at the CXO level.
- Customer relationship management and leadership, ability to develop relationships with senior influencers.
- Excellent client and account management skills.
- Hands-on experience with databases, modeling, and/or other analytical problem solving is not mandatory but helpful.
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a strong academic track record.