Internal Communications Manager
As the Internal Communications Manager in an individual contributor role, you'll help RMSers worldwide stay informed about the company's vision, goals, projects, products, and people by leading and executing strategic internal and executive communications programs. Your work will build a strong culture of collaboration, recognition, and best-in-class products and services.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and execute a robust internal and executive communications plan by aligning internal and executive messaging with the company’s vision, mission, and strategic positioning
- Work in close partnership with your peers in the RMS Communications team and liaise with RMS executives and functional teams to execute a variety of communications programs from concept to delivery
- Author a variety of internal and executive communications—including presentations, announcements, blogs, etc.—delivered across a variety of communications channels.
- Connect external messaging with internal communications and promote the latest and greatest happenings in the market within the company on a global level.
- Manage the company's internal communications channels: maintain the editorial calendar, suggest content, research and track down quotes from busy people, write stories, shoot videos, post and track responses, etc.
- Continuously advance RMS internal and executive communications: measure and analyze the effectiveness of communications and improve our messaging, programs, and channels based on the data.
- Support a variety of company meetings—ranging from the RMS Leadership Council to All Hands meetings—through agenda creation, speaker consultation, logistics, and execution.
- Solve challenges, remove roadblocks and inefficiencies, and focus on scalable solutions to our most important communication needs.
- Experienced: you bring 5-10 years of experience writing in a corporate environment, designing and implementing internal and executive communications to engage and inform a diverse global employee and customer base. You've managed a variety of corporate communications channels, including corporate intranets, mobile, and internal social media channels like Slack. You have a bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing Communications or related field, or equivalent experience.
- A strategist and a tactician: you can quickly establish trust with executives and other corporate leaders and provide advice and guidance on effective communications strategies. You understand the power of strategic communications and take an analytical approach to your work, including measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of your messages and channels.
- Team oriented: you're a flexible collaborator who makes it easy for others to provide you with feedback and different perspectives. You develop productive relationships thanks to your impeccable workplace sportsmanship and tactful approach. You can be trusted to work on confidential matters because you understand what’s at stake. You bring out the best in outside vendors and contractors, giving clear direction and holding them to deadlines and budgets.
- Master message-crafter: you write and curate audience-specific content that demonstrates a deep understanding of messaging, positioning, and stakeholder needs. You're an outstanding editor and proofreader and committed to high quality.
- A creative journalist: you have a nose for a good story, are comfortable interviewing subject matter experts at different levels of seniority, understand how to pitch and tell a great story in a variety of formats, write attention-grabbing headlines, and bring some fun into a fairly serious environment...all while following AP Style Guide rules.
- Influential: your skills and experience give you credibility to overcome obstacles and build high-quality communications aligned to the strategy.
- Technologically fearless: you know SharePoint and are able to learn new programs easily. You are fluent in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, and you've played around with Adobe Photoshop. You know how and when video enhances communications and are comfortable with the video production process. Faced with a new challenge, you apply considerable research skills and diligence to figure it out, but don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed. You understand why design matters.
- Organized, yet flexible: you set expectations carefully and consistently meet deadlines and budgets. You’re comfortable working at a fast pace and can easily change tack.
- Resourceful: you know how to get the most out of limited resources and establish processes for driving greater efficiencies.
There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
We are one of the most exciting companies you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
RMS has 1,200 employees in 11 countries, including offices in Newark (CA-USA), Noida (India), London (UK), Hoboken (NJ-USA), and Zurich (Switzerland).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.