There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
Senior Modeler - Noida
Department: Data Analytics and Solutions, Model Development
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophic risks throughout the world. RMS models and services are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils, from earthquakes and hurricanes to terrorism and disease pandemic.
We are seeking a Senior Modeler to join our Data Analytics and Solutions team. The team focuses on developing products related to insured property exposures, data, and related applications. Such products are an important part of RMS product line and provide a wealth of valuable information for our clients.
The candidate will be working in a multidisciplinary environment developing, designing and implementing a wide range of data products and solutions used in catastrophe risk modeling, valuation modeling and Property & Casualty data quality assessment and enhancement. The candidate will be expected to gain and further utilize an in-depth knowledge of the products and relevant technologies.
The incumbent of this role will be primarily responsible for:
- Researching P&C data availability and requirements. Designing, developing, and implementing data and data quality assessment related products and solutions.
- Developing, evaluating, and implementing methodologies and solutions for property valuation.
- Evaluating the Insurance Policy language in P&C industry in such countries and translating those details to implementable assumptions.
- Executing model testing and implementation.
- Executing analytics of Exposure Data provided by our clients, and benchmarking RMS data products against such data.
- MS degree in an engineering or science related field including but not limited to: Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics and Statistics
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in similar roles
- In-depth knowledge of catastrophe models and methodologies preferably acquired in model testing or implementation role
- Programming skills in Python or R or similar with demonstrated experience of automation
- High level of proficiency in MS SQL
- Excellent written and verbal skills, as evidenced by white papers or technical presentations at meetings and conferences.
- Knowledge of GIS preferred, including experience with ARCGIS
- Experience in one or more of the following would be useful: data mining, data analytics, developing statistical models
- Detail-oriented, self-driven quick learner with very strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a high degree of self-motivation
- Ability to independently lead, manage and drive projects