RMS' App Experience group is revolutionizing a $1 trillion global industry through a highly design-centric approach to problem solving and app development. Our software solutions help to better understand risk events like catastrophes, terrorism and cyber threats to create a more resilient and sustainable global society. What will you help to create?
We are looking for a UI/Visual Designer to join our team to create world-class visual design and highly scalable design systems used by designers, engineers, content producers and marketers working across a variety of devices, platforms and use cases. You will design systems and paradigms that will drive the functional and visual direction of cutting edge products and applications and work with UI/Front-end engineers to implement into code. You will fuel and bring to market software solutions that delight and empower customers with making informed decisions with global impact.
As a UI/Visual Designer you will partner with other designers, product managers and engineering leaders to build delightful patterns, components and paradigms, and establish and promote a design culture throughout the organization. You will articulate the design vision and strategy while overseeing the user experience across multiple applications. This role requires you to simultaneously balance and drive design and technical goals and shape the visual design language for the user experience across the application suite. You have relentlessly high standards and never satisfied with the status quo. If you’re ready to make a difference to RMS and its customers, and if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Lead and further develop our Design Systems used throughout the entire App Experience organization to create amazing user experiences that delight customers
- Provide the creative direction for new and existing features including Visual Styles, UI Components, and web-based documentation
- Rapidly prototype to visualize requirements, explore multiple product directions, and validate hypotheses - understanding the business and technical impact of your directions
- Apply your deep understanding of UI best practices to drive innovation in the Design System and ensure visual solutions are highly scalable across multiple applications
- Act as a constant advocate for the Design System and evangelize its use across the organization
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure a consistent brand experience
- Contribute to building out practices and culture across the design organization
- Lead user research projects by employing different techniques (e.g., user studies, surveys, usability tests, A/B tests)
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience leading and delivering UI & visual design
- Demonstrable track record of shipping world-class UI / Visual designs
- Demonstrable successes in innovating, scaling, and iterating strong UI / Visual designs
- Excellent communication skills - communicate clearly and distinctly, both verbally and in writing, to peers and stakeholders
- Deep understanding of HTML/CSS/JS and front-end frameworks
- Must have strong (online) portfolio showcasing world-class design work
- Master’s Degree in HCI, CS or related field
- Experience in SaaS and/or analytics platforms
- Experience in complex B2B industries, such as finance and/or insurance
- Experience with (web) animation tools
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify