Program Manager (Technical)
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Program Management Team within Model Development. In this role, you will work closely with model development, software development, product management and other teams to create and manage integrated, cross-functional project plans. You may also work on various process improvement projects within Model Development and/or collaborate closely with other functions to support company wide initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Bring process and structure to a cross-functional, globally distributed team
- Independently lead project plan development for a model release
- Proactively highlight and resolve issues to help team deliver to planned scope and schedule.
- Collaborate with other Program Managers on cross-project dependencies for larger programs, with complex upstream and downstream dependencies
- Be flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines imposed by rapid business growth, including the ability to multi-task and juggle many competing priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or a related field.
- Between 2-6 years of Program/Project Management experience working with analytical and complex platforms including insurance, finance, catastrophic modeling or related experience.
- Leader with demonstrated experience managing projects or initiatives within teams with ability to expand to cross-functional leadership.
- Outstanding energy, presentation and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing program scope, schedule, and budgets.
- MS Project or similar program management tools, Jira or issue tracking systems
- PMI/PMP and/or PRINCE2 certification preferred
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Experience managing scientific and research related projects (Catastrophe modeling experience would be a plus!)
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.