We think about the unthinkable, enabling the management of even the most extreme events. RMS helps companies model earthquakes, hurricanes, forest fires and other large-scale disaster events. Through a combination of rigorous science, innovative technologies, and the collective expertise our work gives insurers, reinsurers, brokers, capital markets, and corporations a secure foundation to build balanced and profitable portfolios.
We are looking for a super smart, friendly, and all-around awesome individual who loves to take care of people, and the technology they use.
As a member of the Corporate IT team, you will have the opportunity to create a seamless experience for RMS end-users in multiple offices around the world. Research and deploy new tools and services, and just flat out solve hard problems.
* Enjoy taking care of people?
* Love the chance to see the direct, massive impact of your work?
* Love technology and learning new things?
* Relish the challenge of finding better ways to do existing things?
If you answered yes, then we’d love the opportunity to meet you.
We are RMS Corporate IT. Our team makes life easier, better, and faster for our company.
The IT Support Analyst will provide first and second line technical support on Desktops, Laptops, Printers, Zoom Rooms, A/V setup, mobile devices, and application support including Windows & MAC operating systems and other applications. This is an internal customer-facing role and requires excellent prioritization, responsiveness and customer service along with excellent verbal communication skills. The incumbent will get to participate in multiple projects & collaborate with regional/cross-functional teams.
The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with End User devices and take full ownership of resolution of end-user incidents, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role like IT Asset Inventory Management, Vendor Management, New Joiner Induction etc. This role includes providing Global coverage including the HQ site, key sites as well as remote users at other offices and home workers. Rotational on-call support on weekends & physical assistance on public holidays may be required owing to business needs.
In keeping with RMS values and competencies, the IT Support Analyst will develop and maintain positive working relationships with all contacts internal and external to RMS.
• Act as first level contact point and deal with all incoming requests and incidents in a professional, courteous manner over the phone, via email, web submission and walk-ups.
• Ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with global end users, at all levels.
• Take end-to-end ownership of incidents and see them through to closure.
• Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows 10, MacOS (Sierra/High Sierra/Mojave), Office 365 & any other authorized desktop applications.
• Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware (laptops/desktops) and any other authorized peripheral equipment.
• Diagnose and quickly resolve a wide range of Windows applications and networking problems to help minimize downtime.
• Strong knowledge of Windows 10, MacOS (preferred), O365, Active Directory, Zoom Audio/Video Collaboration.
• Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring service to any desktop/laptop that has authorized access to the network.
• 1st/2nd level troubleshooting of network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment.
• Identify & highlight trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls/tickets.
• Responsible for tracking IT hardware inventory including desktops, laptops, monitors, mobile phones, Data cards, Desk phones etc.
• Work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical issues within the desktop environment.
• Escalate issues and involve experts wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
• Work with other technology teams to identify/resolve root cause of frequently occurring issues.
• Share best practices, process technical updates with other team members through
• Document & maintain accurate & detailed records of work requests using Service Now.
• Develop sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems as well as business related processes and procedures.
• Develop technical knowledge of each system within company profile and specialized knowledge of certain nominated areas.
• Maintain and consistently demonstrate a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
• Excellent technical knowledge of end user devices.
• Applying expertise and technology.
• Learning & Researching.
• Planning & Organizing.
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations.
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.
• Flexible and willing to work in 24x5 support environment.
• Must have -
o Bachelor's degree in Technology or a related field preferred.
o 2-4 years of related work experience.
o Sound understanding of ITIL practices.
• Good to have –
o ITIL v3 Foundation certified.
o Other certifications like A+, N+ and/or MCTS/MCITP.
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
Visit RMS.com to learn more and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.