Sr. Model Specialist
Senior Model Specialist, Model Specialist Team (Ind)
The Model Specialist team is part of the Models & Data business unit, and is responsible for supporting both RMS clients and colleagues across the globe in their successful usage and understanding of the full suite of RMS catastrophe models and associated data products.
A Senior Model Specialist is responsible for leading the successful support of a group of models to RMS clients -driving the resolution of urgent and complex enquiries in addition to enabling team members to provide successful support to clients. A Senior Model Specialist will contribute to the learning, development and growth of junior team members across international offices.
The role demands excellent interpersonal relationship and communication skills; the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team; strong technical knowledge and experience using RMS products and models across the full model suite, including a good understanding of client usage and workflows; and the energy and aptitude to identify creative solutions and ideas to improve the team’s quality of support.
As a successful Senior Model Specialist in the Model Specialist team, you will have knowledge and skills that are valued within the team and use these to drive the team to be more effective and efficient. Other teams and colleagues across RMS will recognise the value your experience around RMS models and our clients’ usage brings to the company and clients will similarly value the contribution and impact your expertise has on the solutions you provide.
- Scope, lead and execute structured project work (including presentations) that is complex from both a technical and/or coordination perspective
- Be a technical expert in a group of RMS models (e.g. windstorm, earthquake, flood) and provide guidance to clients and colleagues on these models
- Play a part in developing team members
- Ensure the team is working to a high standard to meet the team’s goals of providing exceptional client support and value to our clients in their use of RMS models and data
- Actively contribute to improving the team’s efficiency in completing standard tasks or processes
- Engage with other company management and leadership on definition and implementation of cross-functional initiatives
- Directly contribute to the technical work and tasks of the team as per client demand
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must possess a quantitative BS/MS/ or PhD degree in a scientific or numerate subject
- Minimum of 4 years’ professional experience in a client-facing role and/or a role focused on RMS models
- Proven product-support related experience with proficient knowledge of support processes and systems
- Strong professional track record and experience in the areas of catastrophe modelling, including CCRA qualification
- Strong knowledge of RMS products and models
- Superior problem-solving aptitude and skills and willingness to learn new technologies
- Excellent client facing and communication skills (in English)
- Possess knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) and data mining tools to process databases
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team