Senior Content Developer/Technical Writer - App Experience
About The Team
RMS's content team authors, delivers, and maintains the content experience across multiple, high-profile analytical applications and digital platforms. Our products help businesses and individual consumers to better understand catastrophic events and create a more resilient and sustainable global society. What will you help create?
We are looking for an innovative senior content developer and technical writer to help us deliver customer-facing digital content—including but not limited to integrated app tutorials, videos, technical publications, user guides, online help, conceptual overviews, known issues, and release notes— for a wide range of RMS software products. You will use analytics tools, such as Mixpanel and Google Analytics, to gain actionable insights across application usage trends to better understand how customers engage with your content and identify areas for improvement. To be successful in this role, you will be a first-hand user of RMS products and services, putting yourself in the shoes of the customer and understanding the needs of each target persona.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a demonstrated ability to deliver effective, user-friendly, and delightful digital content, be hands-on, comfortable working with highly-technical, cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment, and show bias for action with a proven record of delivering high-quality outcomes of value to customers. If you’re ready to make a difference to RMS and its customers, we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze, plan, develop, and deliver technical documentation, video, and web projects for a wide range of software applications. Determine and deliver content format the most suitable for the target persona (document, video, web, etc.)
- Own the entire documentation pipeline, including planning, content design, writing, editing, testing, and deployment
- Translate SME information and product capabilities into clear, effective content that target personas can use with ease and delight
- Ensure clarity, consistency, and quality across all content deliverables and formats
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product managers, and key stakeholders to oversee the user experience from feature conception until launch
- Incorporate analytics and feedback into application content, interpret the collected feedback to optimize the product learning experience
- Clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Help improve processes, methods, and tools for how content is created, delivered, and maintained
- Work with remote and local teams to meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in English, Technical Communication, UX Writing, Computer Science, Information Design, or related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experiences documenting enterprise software products
- Ability to write to a highly technical and specialized audience using industry concepts and terms
- Experience in authoring topic-based help and single-sourcing. Direct experience with Madcap Flare is a plus
- Experience using and documenting databases and related topics
- Experience in instructional video creation using tools such as Camtasia and Captivate
- Experience creating online tutorials using WalkMe or related tools a plus
- Experience documenting APIs, use of Swagger, and knowledge in YAML a plus
- Experience with Jira and Agile processes is a plus
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
Visit RMS.com to learn more and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
California Consumer Privacy Act notice: https://www.rms.com/legal#Privacy-Policy-ccpa
US Applicants: RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify