Software Development Engineer II
Software Development Engineer II: Noida, India
RMS is the world's leading provider of analytics and decision science solutions for the quantification and management of catastrophe risks. The models and consulting services of RMS are used by hundreds of insurance and reinsurance companies, hedge funds, corporations, and governments to assess a wide-range of natural and man-made perils such as - earthquake, flood, windstorm, terrorism, and disease pandemic. RMS continues to grow and diversify in order to service and meet the requirement of its clients through research and technology innovation and superior client service. The company's strength lies in its ability to use and develop the skills of its people across a wide remit of business activities.
Department: RMS – Software Group - 6207 Geospatial - 402 India Development
Objective of the Senior Software GIS Engineer (Geospatial Software)
Design and build next generation GIS tools, components and applications using open source GIS (Postgres, QGIS) and ESRI ArcGIS technologies. Design scalable, configurable and high-performance GIS application components that plug and play on RMS cloud platform.
Design and implement model data schema for Geocoding data sets for RMS applications. Build GIS development platform for state-of-the-art geospatial components including Geocoding, map rendering and map display for RMS cloud platform. Be part of technical leadership team to maintain and deliver features and components that meet client requirements.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Contriubute in Design and build GIS development platform using Open source technoglies like PostgreSQL and QGIS.
- Design and develop cloud applications that are highly scalable and meet high standards of performance.
- Migration of software code written for ArcGIS SDE platform to GIS platform using Open Source technologies.
- Participate and actively involve in technical design decisions
- Should be able to estimate time for tasks assigned, provide periodic status updates and involved in project planning activities.
- Participate in code and documentation reviews and peer technical design reviews and provide technical feedback.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of Software design and programming experience in C/C++, Java, Postgres, Geodatabase, GIS programming using ArcGIS or open source libraries
· Should be very well versed and experienced in software programming using C/C++ and Microsoft.Net. Technologies (must have). Experience in Java programming is an added advantage.
· Should be proficient in software design concepts and GIS concepts.
· Experience in designing and developing software platforms and applications for the cloud is an added advantage.
· Experience in designing and developing Map Interfaces and components is nice to have.
· Good knowledege of T-SQL and PL/SQL (Microsoft SQL Server is an added advantage.
· BTech/BE/MCA from a reputable institute is a must
· ArcGIS/MapInfo scripting, ArcSDE, Shell Scripts, Python skills are nice to have.
Technical Experience Required: Skills required
o Industry Knowledge/Bus. Acumen
o Client Focused
o Solutions Driven
o Creativity & Innovation
o Results & Action Oriented
o Decision Making
o Self-Knowledge & Development
o Teamwork & Collaboration
o Planning and organizing
o Managing and Measuring Work
o Strategic Agility
Please apply in confidence via the careers pages at www.rms.com quoting where you had seen this role advertised.