Sr. Manager of Cloud Network Operations
RMS is looking for a hands-on leader of Network Engineering and Operations to drive automation, high availability, and efficiency across our global cloud environments and physical infrastructure. We are looking for a leader that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working closely with other Development and Operations teams.
The Director will be responsible for our Global Network Infrastructure Engineering and Operations teams in the US, UK and India, and will support existing and launching new RMS Cloud offerings as well as hosted platforms.
The candidate is also responsible for the day to day operations associated with RMS's existing Cloud offerings, including deployment, management, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting of all production Cloud systems.
The person in this key role will influence technology and operational decisions supporting the Cloud environments. This person will be required to establish strong relationships with engineering and product management teams to ensure feedback from production usage and operations.
- Automate the provisioning of cloud network infrastructure to support the agile development of cloud-native services.
- Provide 24 X 7 operations for all RMS Cloud Data Centers and systems.
- Develop and oversee Infrastructure Operations, Release Management, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for all Cloud Services.
- Implement Network Management Tools to provide monitoring and management of all Network Infrastructure.
- Define and report Key Performance Indicators to monitor Network health;
- Participate in Network Outage Analysis to prevent the reoccurrence of incidents.
- Manage and deliver to Service Level Agreements for RMS Cloud infrastructure.
- Document and implement best-practice standard operating procedures across internal and external operating groups
- Continually evaluate new opportunities for improved operational excellence through expanded third-party relationships, and through internal technical and operational optimization
- Proactively identify, communicate, and mitigate risks associated with ongoing operations and new/planned maintenance activities.
- Assist with preventative maintenance and help to drive service improvements through feedback/recommendations to Development, Quality Assurance and Product Management groups.
- Participate in yearly SOC2 and ISO audits. Ensure all controls are followed as per implementation.
- Drive the technical solutions for High Availability of the Network Infrastructure.
- Develop robust capacity management tools for infrastructure services. Work with Service Level Management team to publish monthly capacity reports for infrastructure.
- Work with cross-functional Development and Quality Assurance teams to ensure proper management and support of DEV/QE environment.
- 7 Years’ plus experience in a hands-on network engineering and operations role.
- Experience with large scale internet application architectures, clustering, high availability, virtualization, and networking architectures.
- Experience in managing SaaS or Cloud services.
- Experience in capacity management of Network infrastructure services.
- Experience with the use and implementation of monitoring and management frameworks, specifically for the cloud and physical network infrastructure
- Knowledge / Experience with ISO, SOC2, and C5 compliance standards
Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on development and scripting skills for network automation and management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with people in technical and non-technical roles.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with co-workers across all departments and external partners/vendors/customers
- A self-starter with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- A strong and willing mentor to less experienced staff
- Strong commitment to customer service and satisfaction Strong follow-through, focused and detailed oriented
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to completion.
- Ability to meet deadlines and deals efficiently with a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or other related field is preferred for this position.
- Certifications in Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
US Applicants: RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.