Director of Product Management - Exposure Analytics
Director of Product Management, Exposure Analytics
Location: United States
Exposure management is a fundamentally important link in the risk management chain that goes hand in hand with probabilistic modelling. RMS is at the forefront of this market, offering exposure management quantification models and products, and we are looking for an individual with experience in this market and a passion for defining and delivering solutions. Not only will you drive new products and product capabilities, but you will manage them from initial concept to successful delivery and market adoption.
The ideal candidate is deeply knowledgeable about the insurance portfolio and exposure management landscape and understands the broader dynamics of the insurance market. You will own the portfolio management and accumulations models and products that support exposure management, underwriting, event response, and other business applications. You will be developing a next-generation exposure management product that integrates into RMS’ Risk Intelligence platform. As a core part of your job, you will meet with customers, users, prospects, partners, and industry analysts to communicate RMS’ vision of the market, product road map, and competitive differentiation. You will serve as a primary SME (subject matter expert) for exposure management products and the target market, understand the competitive landscape from strategy to functional capabilities, and represent RMS as a domain and product expert.
- Take ownership of exposure management road map and active projects
- Meet with and present RMS’ exposure management solution to customers
- Gather client feedback and market information to understand needs
- Develop and implement go-to-market plans tied to portfolio management solutions
- Possess up-to-date competitive market landscape and product analysis
- Create product requirements documents (PRDs) and other business planning tools
- Develop and/or review product collateral and sales tools such as articles, datasheets, white papers, blogs, how-to videos, demos, etc.
- Work cross functionally with engineering, sales, marketing and other teams to ensure proper investment and execution in support of product strategy
- Represent RMS at industry events and conferences
- Identify new market opportunities
- Some travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher attained
- 8+ years insurance industry experience
- 3+ years working with insurance portfolio management, exposure management, or accumulations models or products
- 5+ years Product Management or similar experience
- Business-driven with a passion for technology - You crave uncovering new revenue opportunities and developing strategies to increase the market presence of your products
- High energy and drive – product managers are crucial leaders and decision-makers in the company and need the energy and passion to be on top of their game
- Ability to recognize and communicate customer acquisition opportunities and related revenue opportunities, not just a technical solution
- Fast learner that can quickly synthesize ideas, information, and options into a strategy, plan, or response and effectively communicate it
- Innovative and creative problem solver with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in a business environment, along with a proven ability to prioritize, organize and deliver on commitments
- Strong prioritization and time management skills and ability to manage conflicts
- Perform as a team player with a high-degree of self-motivation while able to work independently
There’s a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss within the next 12 months and a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year. At RMS, we turn risks into real numbers. How? By building simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand and manage their global risks--from hurricanes, quakes, and wildfires, to cyberattacks, terror attacks, and pandemics. Why? We want to build a more resilient world, and we’re on a mission to help make every risk known.
Insurers, reinsurers, investors, financial institutions, governments, and NGOs trust RMS solutions to better understand and manage catastrophe risks. RMS was founded in 1989 by Stanford scientists who created our first model for California Earthquake. Today, RMS has some 1,300 employees across 13 offices in the US, London, Bermuda, Zurich, India, China, Japan, Singapore, and Australia, and over 1,000 products and models now covering six continents.
RMS helped pioneer the natural catastrophe model market we now lead – and we continue to innovate. In May 2019, we announced RMS Risk Intelligence™ (RI), an open-standard platform for strategic risk management. Through this purpose-built platform, clients can tap into RMS HD models, rich data layers, intuitive applications and APIs that simply integrate into existing enterprise systems to support business decisions across underwriting, risk selection, mitigation, and portfolio management.
How we understand and manage risk affects everyone and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. Join our team of leading scientists, developers, industry experts, and world-class professionals. Together, RMSers make a difference on a truly global scale.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
California Consumer Privacy Act notice: https://www.rms.com/legal#Privacy-Policy-ccpa
US Applicants: RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to using our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify