Responsibilities of the position include establishing and enforcing procurement policies, instituting a vendor management process and meeting SOX requirements related to procurement and financial accounting practices. This person will pull together currently disparate purchasing activities and take ownership and/or provide direction for best practices procurement. Such practices will include competitive bidding when appropriate, vendor evaluation, cost comparison market research, negotiation and total cost of ownership analysis. The Manager, Procurement will own a spend optimization analysis to be conducted at least annually.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate success in reducing costs and improving supplier performance through implementation of global sourcing strategies, systems and processes and becoming a go-to resource for all significant procurement activities. This is a roll-up-the-sleeves, build, coordinate, collaborate and execute position.
- Development and implementation of procurement strategies standards, policies, and procedures.
- Implement vendor selection guidelines; recommend additions and from the supplier / vendor universe as appropriate
- Conduct negotiations with suppliers to meet or exceed end-user requirements.
- Long term strategic planning, balanced with daily management of resources to support procurement.
- Create and maintain policies and controls in coordination with finance to ensure adherence to budgets and compliance with SOX & Fraud Prevention controls.
- Develop and manage supplier performance scorecards.
- Ensure proper execution and compliance with purchasing T’s and C’s and applicable legal documents (such as NDA’s, MSA’s, and contracts)
- Lead the development, distribution, analysis, and presentation of RFIs and RFPs
- Provide leadership and process mentoring to all team members as well as educating team members on procurement strategies.
- Identify areas of opportunity for cost savings and conduct annual vendor spend analysis.
- Tracking and reporting of cost savings and avoidance; trend monthly and annual budget reporting
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in corporate procurement
- Minimum 5 years purchasing or procurement management experience
- IT Procurement experience is a requirement
- Negotiation experience for corporate contracts and owning vendor relationships are preferred
- Experience with integrated procure to pay systems; iProcurement & iExpense from Oracle EBS and Service Now a plus
- Experience using process improvement methodologies to improve team performance ( Six Sigma a plus)
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstration of critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Supply Chain experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proactive, results-oriented, with a can-do attitude in meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- BA/BS degree in business or economics related field
- Professional certification (CPIM, CPM, PMP etc.) is a plus
About RMS:There’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year and a 1% chance an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting companies you’ve probably ‘never’ heard of unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
We are evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, our cutting-edge risk management platform for the global risk market. RMS will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS.
RMS has 1,200 employees in 11 countries, including offices in Newark (CA-USA), Noida (India), London (UK), Hoboken (NJ-USA), and Zurich (Switzerland).To find out more, visit www.rms.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn or @rmsjobs on Twitter.
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: RMS does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
RMS is enrolled in E-Verify® and will be participating in E-Verify in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.