Cloud Ops Engineer II
Department: Network Operations Center
Location – Noida
2- 4 years.
Description :- The NOC Network Operations Engineer has the responsibility of monitoring the network, servers, applications, and any telecommunications device in the company datacenter. Moment the system malfunctions and throws the alarm then the NOC L1 engineers will have to quickly do a sanity check and validate if the alarm can be cleared immediately. If the issue cannot be fixed, then he needs to escalate the case immediately to the respective support teams. L1 engineer interacts frequently with technical support team, service providers, clients and internal users so it is very important that he is clear and concise in his communication. He also works very closely with the Engineering team and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. He should be able to multi-task and priorities work appropriately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Incident Management which will include acknowledging, updating, categorizing, assigning, and resolving tickets as per the SLA’s.
- Ensure timely resolution of trouble tickets.
- Run diagnostic tests and use specialized tools to detect job malfunctions, perform first tier trouble-shooting and alarm validation
- Monitoring of cloud based applications and should be able to provide first level of support on any PAAS or SAAS environment.
- Controlling consistency and integrity monitoring and health checks of the operating system and applications.
- Ensure timely follow up with customers via e-mails or phone calls.
- Job will include close interaction with L2 and L3 teams on various incidents to identify initial level of troubleshooting.
- Monitoring of alerts and assigning them to the concerned team so that they can be resolved ASAP.
- Performing health checks of the devices like network gears, DB servers, applications etc.
- Should be able to raise the alarm on Sev 1 and Sev 2 Incidents.
- Working with 3rd party vendors for 1st level troubleshooting
- Will be working in 24 by 7 environment including public holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong Knowledge on Windows administration and troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge of Monitoring tools like SolarWinds, Nagios Zenoss, Splunk etc
- Candidate should have hands on experience in supporting any enterprise level application.
- Understanding of VMware technologies.
- Should be ITIL V3 certified and possess good knowledge of Incident Management process
- Any technical certification on cisco, VMware or Linux will be an added advantage.
- Experience in data center or network operations with HA (high availability) and/ or 24X7 service level objectives desirable, or in a Service Desk/Call Center with 24x7 operations.
- Knowledge in SQL or any database will be an added advantage to understand the environment quickly.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Should have worked on ticketing tools like Service Now, BMC Remedy, Manage Engine, HPSM etc.
- Should have worked on monitoring tools like Solarwinds, Nagios, Zenoss, Splunk etc.
- Familiarity with two more of the following domain focus areas: Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Enterprise Service Management (ESM), Service Desk, Help-desk, Call Center, Data Center Operations, Server Operations, and & understanding of Disaster Recovery.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- ITIL Foundation Certified
- CCNA/MCSE Certifications
Did you know there’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there’s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
To find out more, visit www.rms.com. Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.