AWS solutions architect - contractor
- In depth knowledge of key AWS services like EC2, S3 etc.
- Proven experience assessing clients workloads and technology landscape for Cloud suitability, develop business case and Cloud adoption roadmap
- Proven knowledge of AWS platform and tools
- Experience working with infosec policies and security requirements
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project from architecture standpoint
- Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry to provide thought leadership (seminars, whitepapers etc.,) and mentor team to build necessary competency
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and trustworthiness with key stakeholders in client organization.
- Experience provisioning and spinning up AWS Clusters
- Experience to build scalable production systems (load balancers, memcached, master/slave architectures)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Certification on AWS architecture desirable
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
- Understand and document technical requirements from clients
- Define Migration strategy to move application to cloud
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation. Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services (such as EC2, S3 etc.) and tools;
- Design the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc
- Design the AWS network architecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
- Design the HA / DR strategies
- Set up process, services and tools around cloud
- Oversee build of the environment
- Execute migration plan
- Leverage appropriate AWS services
- Validate the environment to meets all security and compliance controls
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.