Remote Financial Modeling Analyst - contractor
We are searching for a modeling analyst to join our team.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Minimum experience of 6-8 years
- Experience with econometric modeling and statistical analysis.
- Experience with the implementation and creation of various models and algorithms including regression and statistical models.
- Strong programming experience in Python/R. Familiarity with SAS and with tools available in the AWS/Cloud environment. Proficiency in Unix/Linux environment.
- Knowledge of mortgage mathematics is highly desirable. Multifamily analytics and finance knowledge are big plus.
- Experience working with financial data, analytics and cashflows applications.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Capable of explaining and documenting complex systems.
- Adheres to sound software development and data management practices.
- Conscientious attention to detail, accuracy, and efficiency in analytical work.
- Embraces new technologies, enjoys making systems efficient and updating legacy systems.
- Minimum master’s degrees in applied mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline preferred.
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.