Jr. Data and Business Analyst
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
- Support the development of business requirements and completion of software testing activities associated with the delivery of applications and financial models to clients
- Coordinate across the different stakeholders, from the product owner to end user, to capture business intent and shape business requirements.
- Collaborate with teams to understand project impacts, touchpoints, issues and risks, and with expectation to participate in multiple projects concurrently
- Implement and support the build, monitoring, and reporting of financial models and their results with an eye toward developing long-term and efficient processes
- Conduct model testing by checking data integrity and calculation specifications and can clearly articulate outcomes of testing to different audiences
- Data analysis will emphasize breaking down complex data issues and may include data cleansing and transformation
- Interpret and communicate results of data analysis and model output to clients accurately and effectively
- Strong academic record (3.3 GPA out of 4.0) in any quantitative field preferred
- Strong communicator with critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Versatile, curious, logical, and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive on multiple projects/tasks at one time.
- 1 – 2 years of work experience, with an interest in finance.
- Experience with Python or R preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with data sets in mySQL or other databases preferred, but not required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications. Experience developing reports, models or applications (skills assessment required).
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.