Associate Model Validation analyst
Must be a US citizen for this position.
About The Role
RiskSpan is seeking a model risk management professional with a degree in mathematics, economics, finance or statistics to perform model validation (SR 11-7, OCC 2011-12) projects for external clients. This role will validate a lot of different quantitative and qualitative models used throughout the financial industry. This will provide exposure and experience to all types of models, systems and processes currently in use.
RiskSpan is a leading source of analytics, modeling, data and risk management solutions for the Consumer and Institutional Finance industries. We solve business problems for clients such as banks, mortgage-backed and asset-backed securities issuers, equity and fixed-income portfolio managers, servicers, and regulators that require our expertise in the market risk, credit risk, operational risk and information technology domains.
- Execute and support client-facing model validation engagements.
- Devise effective challenges for modeling assumptions, inputs, conceptual soundness and theory, developmental evidence, implementation and outputs.
- Perform statistical analyses and devise benchmarking and back-testing schemes for internal and client models.
- Identify and quantify model risk.
- Prepare model validation reports and related, supporting technical documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on detailed, concise and clear technical writing.
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, Math, or Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- 0 - 2 years of experience performing quantitative analysis in the financial services industry preferred but not required.
- Skilled "hands-on" user of SAS, R, MATLAB, SQL, and/or other statistically programming language required.
- Ability to thrive on multiple projects/tasks at one time. Must be detail-oriented and enjoy aspects of statistics, finance analytics and report writing.
RiskSpan is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on an unrestricted basis.