Richard Crookes is a leading, family owned and managed Construction Company. With over 500 staff operating throughout NSW and ACT, we offer services across all sectors up to a value of $250m.
On offer is the chance to join a company with unparalleled growth potential. The growth our company has undergone to date has come from a strong track record of quality, service and accountability.
We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Safety Officer/WHS Coordinator who has worked directly on commercial projects.
As a Safety Officer/WHS Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring the companies WHS+W Management system and associated activates are effectively undertaken
- To coordinate and manage all the safety related tasks
- Issue guidelines and directives to onsite team
- Provide advice and technical support to onsite team
- Ensure that all the safety documentation is up-to-date and ready for audits
- Risk Identification and assessments, implementing control measures and ensuring legislation and regulations are met at all times
- Undertake inductions and site walk throughs
- Carry out Health and Safety Audits, hazard and compliance audits and work place inspections
You will need to have a proven record in a similar role along with successfully assisting in the implementation of company systems, policies and procedures and in addition, be able to develop and maintain relationships with the team to ensure the best results possible. You will also need to have a practical working understanding of current legislation, building codes and relevant Standard(s).
Skills, Experience and other Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in WHS+E or equivalent
- Construction experience in a similar role is non-negotiable
- Expert understanding of WHS+E Legislation & Regulations
- Articulate and professional communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion to be part of a team driving cultural change
In return we will welcome you into our well respected company that truly invests and values its people. You will be offered regular training as well as the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For further information or a discussion please call Kate Nassif on 02 9902 4641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org