Channel Account Manager - Sacramento, CA
Position Overview -
Channel Account Managers act as business consultants assisting target companies with everything from marketing, lead creation, sales training, etc. in order to increase their overall business and their percentage that is financed through Renovate America financing programs. Channel Account Managers call on contractors and contractor sales reps within several home improvement industries including solar, HVAC, window replacement, roofing, artificial turf, and siding.
This position will be based in the field and requires extensive daily travel within the designated territory. This is a business development and account management role that will be responsible for successful management of accounts to increase sales within their customer portfolio each month. The day to day activities for this role is to work with Business Owners to communicate our strong value proposition; to train the field sales personnel to sell our Financial Product to Homeowners; and to develop/grow additional new accounts
- Consistently meet or exceed existing customer sales goals by growing and maintaining relationships with existing customer base within the assigned geographical area of responsibility.
- Identify Sales and Marketing Contractor companies that offer energy and water energy improvements to their customers.
- Educate owners / senior management at contractor partner companies on Renovate America financing programs so they adopt our finance programs to incorporate into the sales process.
- Conducts needs analysis studies and partners with CSRs to determine training needs.
- Select appropriate instructional procedures or methods such as individual education, group instruction, self-study, lectures, demonstrations, simulation exercises, role play, course curriculum, computer-based training and/or satellite distance learning.
- Maintain records and evaluate statistical reports to determine training effectiveness.
- Submit daily activity / success / challenges report to management.
- Extensive local travel required (50-150 miles/day) within the territory. Occasional travel to the San Diego HQ required. Travel daily to contractor’s locations to allow us access to their sales meetings and sales reps. Additional travel required to assist contractor sales reps with in home sales presentations.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in “In-Home” sales and or Sales Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record of success doing in-home sales of HVAC, Windows, Home Improvement or solar highly preferred.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Must live within the geography.
- Must have a clean/valid driver’s license.
- Possession of a valid personal credit card for reimbursement purposes is necessary.
- You must be comfortable doing presentations to groups of 20 people or more.
- Knowledge of advanced training methodologies, adult learning theory, and evaluation processes preferred.
- Flexible, innovative and the ability to manage priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time critical environment.
- Must be willing to work evenings & weekends supporting contractors and local events.
- Spanish language speakers, and other language skills a plus
- Must be computer proficient (+CRM tool preferred)
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and drug screen
- The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Physical Requirements -
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to travel and weather conditions while visiting and moving around different sites.