Assistant General Counsel – Capital Markets and Corporate Governance
Renovate America is seeking an experienced Assistant General Counsel to join its San Diego office. This Assistant General Counsel will be responsible for supporting the Company’s capital markets team as well as assisting with general corporate governance.
· Maintain the Company’s capitalization table
· Support the capital markets team through various financing transactions, including non-repurchase and derivative transactions, corporate facilities transactions, securitizations, and structured financing
· Manage shareholder communication and investor relations, and other equity matters
· Review, draft, and negotiate governance documents
· Identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations, and assure legal compliance
· Work collaboratively with lawyers and staff working in other areas of legal practice
· Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
· Licensed California attorney desired
· At least three – five (3-5) years of law firm or in-house experience supporting capital markets and general corporate governance
· Experience in corporate governance, board governance for directors and officers, reporting and filing requirements for private companies, equity securities offerings, and employee option plans and equity awards is required
· Experience in structuring, documenting, negotiating and closing asset-based lending transactions, warehouse funding facilities, credit facilities, repurchase and derivative transactions, securitizations and other capital markets activities is desired
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be
required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to travel and weather conditions while visiting and moving around different sites