Position Overview –
The development team works closely with the business to architect and develop enterprise level software to support Renovate America’s home improvement financing products. The financing products are built on the technology developed in house which gives us the flexibility to scale and adapt to dynamic marketplaces. The developers pride themselves on creating innovative technology in a dynamic environment to support the adoption of Renovate America’s financing products.
The Software Engineer plays an integral role in the development of new products and features as part of a cross-functional agile team. The successful candidate will use a variety of .Net related technologies and frameworks to build enterprise web applications and services. As a Software Engineer there will be an expectation of discovering and implementing the latest technologies, best practices and standards.
Key Responsibilities –
- Develop software products from the ground up (data layer to presentation layer).
- Enhance and expand existing software platforms to meet the changing needs of the business and the industry.
- Ensure the end product meets end user and stakeholder requirements on a sprint-by-sprint basis.
- Build efficient, re-usable, high performance applications and services.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, product owners, developers, and QA engineers to develop acceptance criteria and testing requirements.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Continually expands understanding of the industry and identifies trends that can help improve productivity.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3 years’ experience designing and developing software applications using Web API, .Net Core, C# and related technologies
- 3 years’ experience, SQL Server / T-SQL
- Understanding of relational databases and database architecture
- Understanding of Transact-SQL for performing moderate to complex database queries
- Understanding of version control, continuous integration and a variety of software development methodologies
- Ability to write high-performance, and reusable code
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented problem solver with proven track record of solving complex technical challenges
- Experience analyzing current, complex technical workflows and designing and implementing efficient processes
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.