Assistant General Counsel - Market Development
Renovate America is seeking an experienced Assistant General Counsel to join its San Diego office. This Assistant General Counsel will be responsible for supporting the company’s market development team through developing and maintaining government relations as well as assisting with new territory expansion and policy related matters.
· Lead legal negotiation and drafting of agreements, local ordinances, and other documentation applicable to the company’s relationship with its government partners and local governments
· Work closely with the company’s market development team on government affairs, policy, and legislation
· Identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations, and assure legal compliance
· Work collaboratively with lawyers and staff working in other areas of legal practice
· Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
· Licensed California attorney desired
· At least three – five (3-5) years of law firm or in-house experience supporting government relations and contracting, as well as legislative and policy matters
· Experience in interacting with government entities on government contracts, ordinances, policy and legislative matters
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
· While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to travel and weather conditions while visiting and moving around different sites.