The Collections Supervisor is a seasoned collections representative with prior leadership experience. We offer the opportunity to help build a new office and make a significant contribution to growth. We provide competitive salary and benefits. We are seeking individuals who are energetic team players with a firm communication style and positive attitude.
- Supervise a team of Collectors.
- Monitor call production and performance results.
- Motivate and develop team to build high performers. Engage in thoughtful discussions to understand performance gaps and needs. Build trust and encourage comradery.
- Partner with senior leadership to interview, select, and train Collectors.
- Manage conflict resolution, both internally and externally.
- Recommend and deliver appropriate disciplinary action consistent with performance expectations and department guidelines.
- Communicate effectively, tactfully, and professionally with customers and employees.
- Alert senior leadership of potential risk exposure.
- Remain compliant with policies, processes and legal guidelines/laws/regulations.
- Other job duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required; Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of Collections Supervisor experience, ideally in the consumer lending or mortgage industry.
- Proven leadership, coaching, and organizational development skills.
- Working knowledge of collection procedures, laws and guidelines, of bankruptcy law and code, and lending laws and procedures.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Databases.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office/call center environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.