Regional Sales Manager - Texas
Position Overview -
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for identifying, enrolling, and retaining key business partners (i.e. contractor organizations) in their assigned geographic area. They will research and identify key entities that will be able to grow their business with the use of Renovate America (RA) consumer loan offerings. They will develop and lead the implementation of sales strategies, techniques, training, and field support to achieve the growth objectives of Renovate America’s consumer lending business.
The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge in the sale and origination of consumer credit products, sales training and contractor management. Candidate has demonstrated experience developing business relationships and executing sales plans specifically in the home improvement industry resulting in significant sales growth.
Key Responsibilities -
- Responsible for contacting and developing relationships with new contractors and distribution partners in the assigned territory, registering them to sell RA consumer loan offerings, and achieving sales growth targets
- Lead sales strategy and tactics as it relates to consumer lending products, including establishing aggressive and achievable originations plans by market
- Develop and oversee sales training, practices, and incentives specific to consumer lending products
- Prepare presentations to demonstrate how consumer loan offerings function
- Demonstrate ability to overcome objections that result in successful sales wins
- Self-motivated, self-directed, ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to retain competitive edge via researching market and industry trends and needs
- Proactively partners and pursues opportunities with Client Development to maximize value for strategic and affiliate partnerships through RA consumer lending programs
- Be the “voice of the channel” to guide product development and process improvement initiatives within the Consumer Lending organization and supporting teams
- Ensure that the contractor channel is supported in an integrated way to deliver multi-product offerings to the marketplace
- Deliver clear concise reports on a regularly defined basis that provide details on progress toward consumer lending volume goals and other key objectives
- US travel required up to 50%, to support Sales in the states identified in the designated region, and is located within a reasonable proximity to a major metropolitan airport (e. g. within 30-45 minutes by car).
- BA/BS preferred
- 3+ years of minimum experience in Sales and Sales Performance Management. Experience within the Finance or Home Improvement/home energy financing or payments space, highly preferred.
- Closing skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Business Owner’s Needs, Territory Management
- Demonstrated ability to build and achieve successful sales plans within a recordable time required.
- A good command of figures and/or financing terms
- Sales training track record a must
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated networking, prospecting, persuasion, and closing skills.
- Flexible, innovative and able to manage priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Proficiency with sales related software (i.e. Salesforce), preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- The employee is also required to have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to travel and weather conditions while visiting and moving around different sites. In addition, the employee is often required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.