The Senior Collector will perform collection efforts to minimize losses on designated accounts 60 – 120+ days delinquent. The Senior Collector may use both an auto dialer and manual dialing, email, text and SMS to contact and negotiate with customers, maintain good customer relations, and effectively solve problems to resolve delinquency.
In addition, the Collector may be responsible for general customer service questions such as daily interest accrual, pay dates, and due date change requests. In the role of Senior Collector, skip tracing efforts will be crucial to locating customers to resolve delinquency issues.
- Make Outbound Calls to and Receive Inbound Calls from Customers on Delinquent Accounts.
- Negotiate Payments.
- Perform basic and advanced skip-tracing with the use of internal and external skip-tracing resources.
- Maintain Performance Results (daily, weekly & monthly).
- Follow Documented Procedures.
- Communicate effectively, tactfully, and professionally with customers and employees.
- Alert management of potential risk exposure.
- Remain compliant with policies, processes and legal guidelines/laws/regulations.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Minimum three years of collections experience, ideally in the consumer lending or mortgage industry.
- Working knowledge of collection procedures, laws and guidelines, of bankruptcy law and code, and lending laws and procedures.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Databases.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office/call center environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.