The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller and Accounting Managers. This is a new position that will be developed further by the person in the role and the collaboration of management. Responsibilities include preparation, entry and reconciliation of daily cash transactions specifically but not limited to in house servicing of consumer loans. This is a key position in working with operations to insure payments are processed correctly.
- Maintain 10+ cash accounts, including electronic lockbox feed reconciliation between servicing and accounting systems.
- Research and record cash transactions to customer accounts that cannot be identified through the lockbox system or mail system.
- Enter new customer ACH information into servicing system.
- Liaison between operations and accounting to insure proper transactional processing and resolving any identified variances in the processing.
- Perform month end close processes including preparation of account analysis and journal entry transactions as needed.
- Work with management on creating proper processing policies and procedures as it pertains to GAAP.
- Interact with all levels of the organization to support and implement related accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with annual audit of financial information and controls.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- BA/BS in Accounting preferred.
- At least three years’ accounting/finance experience, preferably within a corporate environment.
- Experience with large account reconciliations specifically in the areas of cash and accounts receivable.
- Knowledge of accounting processes, internal controls, and US. GAAP.
- Excellent customer service skills, ability to analyze, problem solve, and adapt to advancing technology.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally to all levels of employees (both technical and non-technical). Organized and efficiently manage daily workload with competing priorities. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.