Application Support Specialist
The Application Support Specialist is responsible for providing functional and technical support to end users for all of Renovate America’s internally developed software applications. The Application Support Specialist also has responsibility for monitoring and tracking system incidents and requests, training end users on the systems, and working on solutions to address any issues related to the software applications.
This will include, but is not limited to, troubleshooting PC hardware and software issues and end user support. This person must be able to work in an extremely fast paced and dynamic startup environment, have a positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Provide support services for Renovate America’s applications.
- Work closely with Product Management and Development to document, resolve and escalate issues and problems in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain productive and professional relationship with users and IT customers.
- Responsible for all aspects of user setup and user accounts with the applications
- Process-oriented problem solver with proven track record of solving complex technical challenges.
- Track and maintain IT hardware and software inventory.
- Provide before and /or after hours and weekend on-call support if needed.
- Assist in desktop/workstation set up and moves.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or application development preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in application software support, modification, installation, implementation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in application support methodology, e.g., Agile, Waterfall, etc
- Knowledge of SQL for performing moderate database queries.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle:
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Zendesk, SCCM.
- Mobile support: iOS, Android.
- Recent hands-on technical experience with Windows 10, MAC OSX.
- Strong “service oriented mentality” a must.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and willingness to learn and cross train with other IT staff members.
- Thrives in a fast paced work environment and enjoys multitasking.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.