Business Intelligence Analyst
Position Overview –
The business intelligence team works closely with product and departmental managers, directors, and executives across the organization to provide in-depth analysis and intuitive reporting to drive intelligent decision making. The ability to make informed decisions quickly and accurately allows Renovate America to maintain a competitive edge in the home improvement financing marketplace. Our business intelligence team members pride themselves on delivering invaluable insights into the business landscape in a dynamic and ever-changing environment.
The business intelligence analyst must be proficient in both data analysis and reporting, as well as database design and technical integrations. Coordinating across a wide spectrum of stakeholders, from business end users to IT specialists, to ensure that systems are meeting functional and informational requirements.
Key Responsibilities –
- Dashboard Report Development – work in a fast-paced business environment to design and develop dynamic reports to support RA at all stages of business. Collaborate with end users to define requirements and deliver data in a robust and meaningful way.
- Data warehousing / ETL – create and maintain ETL packages to integrate disparate systems, send data to 3rd party partners. Continuously enhance data warehouse to align with development releases and ease use for BI as well as other departments.
- Ad Hoc Reporting – respond quickly to business inquiries from users across all levels of the business. Deliver definitive conclusions with detailed assumptions that provide a clear description of the dataset surrounding the inquiry.
- Data Quality – gather deep understanding of processes that are responsible for creating data to develop comprehensive tests that ensure unity across business actions and the data recorded. Explore datasets to identify trends and patterns to alert decision makers of potential upcoming business events.
- Application Data Support – handle escalated helpdesk tickets to the business intelligence team using exceptional customer service, communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Communicate with end users and project management team members to understand and document business requirements for developing Business Intelligence solutions.
- Following change control procedures for deployment of system changes from development to production.
The duties and responsibilities described above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field.
- Minimum two years of experience interacting with databases in a complex business intelligence environment.
- Minimum two years of experience developing reports on a business intelligence and reporting platform.
- Moderate knowledge of T-SQL programming, optimizing T-SQL statements, SSIS, stored procedures, functions, tables, views, indexes and triggers.
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL Server tools, concepts and technologies on version 2012 or higher; MS SQL Server certification a plus.
- MS Office experience required.
- Reporting software experience required; Tableau preferred.
- Knowledge of Windows Batch/XML scripting and C#/.Net application development a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio and BitBucket/Github a plus.
- Agile development experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate relevant information in an effective manner.
- Desire to solve problems and think analytically.
- Self-starter with a strong willingness and desire to learn, grow and achieve as part of a team.
- Ability to work on projects with minimal supervision, meeting deadlines and reprioritize work to meet changing requirements.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new processes and requirements in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment supporting various divisions throughout the company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position and to frequently move around the office and other locations and sites to accomplish tasks and interact with co-workers, customers, and business affiliates. The employee will constantly operate a computer and other office machinery. In addition, the employee will be required to receive and exchange information through oral communication and must be able to convey instructions to others accurately, loudly, and quickly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud.