We are looking for an Account Director with integrated marketing experience to oversee a portfolio of our global Client's North American brands. Our award-winning integrated teams have the talent and collaboration to work across Strategy, Creative, Media in all platforms of Digital, Broadcast, Multi-Cultural, Shopper Marketing, etc. This is a very strategic role with a great deal of Client contact.
The Account Director supports the Group Director in leading the team to deliver a high level of performance for client. Provides strategic direction to meet client-marketing objectives for brands, cultivates opportunities to grow and develop client business and supervises junior account personnel to implement account marketing plans profitably.
- Marketing Responsibilities
- The Account Director must ensure that their account group has a solid understanding of the Clients' business and strategies.
- Supervise tactical planning and direction on assigned brands; build and maintain positive, lasting client relationships; ensure client perceives that agency is always providing value-added services.
- Collaborate with account planning to ensure sound strategic planning, timely and accurate implementation, good service and a solid client/agency relationship.
- Develop a good relationship with the client (e.g. Division Manager, Marketing VP, etc.). This entails keeping them aware of the Team’s contribution, seeking out their ideas, and increasing their confidence in the Team’s ability to provide superior service.
- Creative Responsibilities
- Provide clear strategic direction to creative team.
- Evaluate creative product, including across digitally driven & deployed touchpoints, against strategic direction, and provide constructive feedback
- Keep management informed of account status, problems, plans, and meetings and gets senior management involved as needed.
- Delegate responsibly but remains accountable for outcomes.
- Ensure financial accountability across brands, accurate estimating and updating of estimates and timely billing of jobs.
- Provide ongoing financial direction to agency and client with respect to staffing, changes in client budget, clients’ financial expectations, supervises hours and expense tracking.
- Ensure that the Team is providing excellent service in all key areas: marketing, creative, account handling
- Develop a good relationship with the Client (e.g. Division Manager, Marketing VP, etc.). This entails keeping them aware of the Team’s contribution, seeking out their ideas, and increasing their confidence in the Team’s ability to provide superior service.
- Ultimately responsible for the proper staffing of the brands
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of related work experience in account management required
- Strong Strategic Thinking, ability to work closely with planning to arrive at effective strategies.
- 360 experience whether in an integrated agency or working with partner agencies
- Experience on consumer packaged goods (CPG) a plus
- Experience working across both brand and data/media strategy with solid experience in digital and traditional platforms.
- Knowledge of Integrated Marketing Communications (TV, digital platforms, retail, etc)
- A passion and proven instinct for good creative
- Strong client partnership skills
- Experience in CPG preferred
- Strong Financial Acumen
- Excellent management and team building skills; ability to energize and inspire