Head of Design
The Head of Design will be part of a cross-functional team and tackle all aspects of the design process.
A pivotal go-to resource for client Colgate Palmolive (CP) when it comes to design guidance, advice and execution across the entire brand experience. The role will take a broad view across brand identity (visual and verbal), shopper marketing, ecommerce, social media and advertising and lead the development of consistent standards and behaviors within the agency and within the client.
This is a new role for the agency and the ideal candidate needs to be hands-on, dive in and set the organizational structure for the RF Design practice. This could mean, building internally or tapping into the greater WPP network to efficiently deliver exciting, holistic brand experience ideas and solutions to C-P.
The Head of Design will be charged with helping lead client engagements and guiding/partnering with other members of their design team; define and drive the design process moving from insights to ideas, threading design and business thinking together to deliver inventive, durable and thoughtful solutions from concept to launch.
- The Head of Design is responsible for developing and managing all aspects of our design and creative output. It's a leadership role, with accountability for online and offline design output
- You will ensure design and creative deliverables are aligned to client expectations and executed within budget and timescales.
- It also involves working with senior level (c-suite) internal stakeholders and external clients, pitching designs, and understanding client needs.
- Ideal candidate will be able to pull from their own best practice toolkit to implement new processes and practices to improve efficiency of the design and creative department.
- Influencing design-led thinking across the business
- Lead concept development in relation to design and creative outputs
- Take a lead role in managing the design and creative elements of projects and be point of contact for clients brand and creative projects
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand and proposition strategy
- Ensuring that design and creative projects are delivered on time and to budget
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of online and offline design work
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- Holistic and human centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
- Experience owning a project vision, execution, quality and client relationship
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/ coach to clients and internal team
- Able to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions
- Keen to seek out opportunities to promote the design practice internally and externally
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes. Accustomed to working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional team members
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, and Content Design
- Advanced ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes
- Previous experience in an agency environment is essential
- At least 12-15 years’ experience in a senior designer role including concept development and client contact
- Proven track record in creating excellent brand and design work from concept to production
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams