Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
RED is an innovative entity with focus on being a leader in the cinema industry by creating a culture of high engagement, innovation, speed and impact.
What are we looking for?
We want highly motivated embedded software engineers who are excited to join a team of top notch developers with a passion for software development and disrupting the industry. Like-minded innovative teams will work collaboratively from inception through product launch to produce state of the art products.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Embedded Software Engineer will research and develop new and innovative solutions for the next generation of cinema cameras at RED.
- Design, implement, and maintain software/firmware for RED products
- Plan, improve, and manage software/firmware from inception to use
- Adhere/contribute to software development, documentation, and testing
What skills and requirements do you need?
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Will consider applicant with other degree and demonstrated programming skills
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in C/C++ and object oriented programming
- Experience in Linux, RT Linux, and RTOS
- Multi-threading experience
- Automated / unit test experience
- Software documentation and testing experience
- Python, SQL experience
- SPI, I2C, UART experience
- Embedded software development experience
- Experience with microcontrollers and ARM processors
- Ability to read and understand board layouts
What we value:
- Experience with basic electronic lab equipment
- Build server set up & management experience. Jenkins, Python & CMake experience
- Multi-platform installer experience
- Video editing / processing software experience
- Image processing experience
- Collaboration skills to work seamlessly across organization and functions
- Excellent communication skills for interactions with team mates and cross functions
- Passion for developing software and learning every day
- Inherent ability to inspire, motivate and lead people through new and exciting challenges
What makes RED cool?