- Writes and edits technical documentation, including: operation guides, quick-start guides, support articles, policies, and procedures.
- Writes material that’s useful and understandable for customers that have either limited or advanced technical knowledge about digital cinema cameras.
- Edits screen shots and photos.
- Collaborates with the Product Management, Engineering, Product Support, Marketing, and Web teams to develop accurate content in-line with the development cycle.
- Determines the scope and timeline of new documentation projects.
- Manages multiple documentation projects at once.
- Updates management on project/activity status on frequent basis.
- Develops creative solutions that are thorough and practical.
- Reviews content and recommends revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
Skills and Experience
- At least five (5) years of related technical writing work experience required.
- Moderate level of proficiency with MadCap Flare required.
- Moderate level of proficiency with Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Experience with single-sourcing and publishing to multiple outputs (PDF, HTML, and mobile) a plus.
- Experience using Simplified Technical English (STE) a plus.
- Exhibits superior knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence form, and structure.
- Has a clean, concise, and consistent writing style.
- Knowledge of the digital cinema industry, camera technology, and post production software a plus.
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
- Ability to transform information and requirements from multiple groups into useful and cohesive user-facing content.
- Ability to document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate strategies to help achieve business goals.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently with several teams within a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understands goals and strategies necessary for achieving high standards while still meeting deadlines and minimizing costs.