Knowledge & Skills
- Detailed understanding of energy markets including solar technology, incentives, utility rates and tariffs, and legislative issues.
- Detailed understanding of the interconnection process (study process, contracting, utility requirements, financial obligations, and scope execution by utilities) to both site projects optimally and to advance them through COD.
- Solid understanding of economic drivers within our business.
- Concisely frame issues by providing context, analysis, recommendations and risk/benefit tradeoffs, both in written and verbal format, to project teams and to senior management.
- Create control and influence over the costs, terms, and schedules of key project milestones that are heavily dependent on external counterparties, often without strong commercial recourse.
- Dominance of the relationships within a project schedule in order to prioritize teams’ resource allocation
- Highly resourceful and able to design process for the advancement of project milestones and navigate through key risks where little structure is established.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel (advanced proficiency required), Project, Word, and PowerPoint, as well as Google Earth.
- Entrepreneurial drive to execute complex, first-of-their-kind projects in the solar and energy storage industry.
- Organizational and leadership skills. to manage large teams of seasoned subject matter experts, often on deadline.
- Substantial ability to recognize opportunities, identify and evaluate risks in a development context as well as effectively communicate the foregoing.
- Demonstrated ability to translate contracts and financing agreements into concise financial and economic analysis.
- Ability to manage a large workload, often providing support to processes managed by colleagues, while prioritizing tasks and effectively juggling competing deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership of work product.
- Excellent personal organizational and pattern recognition skills.
Experience & Education
- 4-year degree required or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience in energy development, finance or similar transactional industries
- Successful track record of managing complex transactions and/or projects (preferably in real estate, sales management, power development, or finance)
- Experience with land, permitting, interconnection, and power marketing aspects of solar and/or renewable project development
- Demonstrated leadership in a prior development or transactional role