As Data Scientist with Quotient Technology, you will be responsible for quantifying deep understanding of consumer behavior patterns and motivations through analysis of consumer response to product and marketing strategies and tactics. The right candidate will utilize advanced data mining and statistical techniques to drive this empirical understanding and surface optimization and product enhancement insights and opportunities.
You will be a key member of the Analytics & Research team, delivering critical data-driven insights across the organization as well as to our clients and partners. You will utilize Quotient’s extensive first, second, and third party data to evaluate the performance of media, promotions and advertising and its attributed impact on consumer behavior and sales. Collaborating with members of Product, Engineering, Sales and Operations you will contribute to the analytics product lifecycle of strategy, design, development, test and delivery of data-driven products and techniques to further optimize our analytic offerings. As a part of this team, you will collaborate on a portfolio of solutions focused on enhancing consumer experience and generating revenue across personalized promotion, media and advertisement recommendations, targeting, measurement and insights.
· Identify and assess key opportunity areas where data and science can enhance and improve existing products, by increasing efficiency of processes and accuracy of model/analytical results
· Develop detailed plans for achieving desired analytics deliverables and product goals, including impact assessment to revenue and labor costs
· Devise, develop, test and deploy new data models to expand current solution packages
· Effectively engage and partner with other analytic team members, engineering, product management and sales to drive the implementation of models in an efficient and scaled manner
· Drive the production of analytic capabilities in data management, modeling and algorithms
· Be an innovator with demonstrated ability to craft a data science vision, get people excited by ideas and get them quickly to market via existing or new products
· MS (or BS and equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, AI, or related areas · Experience in applying data and science to improve products and services
· Experience in the consumer web, consumer goods or retail functional areas preferred
· Solid and proven background in data mining, statistical analysis, segmentation and modeling
· Ability to grasp complex concepts and develop clear, concise, synthesized recommendations backed by data and analyses
· Experience in manipulating large data sets and analyzing them to identify actionable insights
· Fluency in analytical tools such as R, and programming languages like SQL and Python
· Understanding of a linux environment, and skilled with bash scripting
· Exceptional collaborative, communication and presentation skills with the ability to work well across the organization driving overall shareholder value
· Strong initiative, high energy, hands-on and impeccable integrity
About Quotient Technology:
Quotient Technology Inc (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital marketing platform that provides technology and services to consumer packaged goods (CPGs) brands and retailers to seamlessly target audiences, optimize marketing performance and drive sales. Through its proprietary cloud platforms: Promotions, Media, Audience, and Analytics, Quotient offers a powerful suite of solutions, including personalized digital coupons and advertising. Quotient’s shopper and data network is unparalleled, with retail partners representing almost $400 Billion in sales and more than 20 million monthly unique mobile visitors through its Coupons.com properties. By combining technology, data and distribution, Quotient serves hundreds of CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers like Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens. Founded in 1998, Quotient is based in Mountain View, California with offices across the US, as well as internationally in Bangalore, Paris, and London. Learn more at Quotient.com, and follow us on Twitter @Quotient.